Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Choose your Vendors Carefully

sriat

Corvette
1984 Bright Red Coupe
I have spent the last couple of months working on repairing my 84 Factory Bose radio. I have sent the Radio/Tape player in twice, replaced one amp twice and now have another (Purchased from below mentioned vendor) bad again. If I wasnt trying to keep this Corvette perfectly factory I would give up and put in a CD player. However in attempt to keep my 8k corvette as factory as they come I plow forward.

So you ask what is your point? I have worked with one Vendor over and over on this issue. They have sent me 2 bad/defective amps, the head unit has been in service twice and the volume is still scratchy, fade scratchy. Maybe I am a perfectionist but I expect better.

Try Bose.com
I understand they will repair speaker/amps for $75.
They may also refurb front end units too.
LOL

Why deprive yourself? The radio is an easy item to R and R. Get yourself a CD player and enjoy it. Put the radio aside and if you end up selling it, include it so the next owner can install it.

What vendor are you using? There are a couple of places that have good reputations. I used one out of Virginia.

http://www.doctordons.com/

These guys are second to none when it comes to taking care of Bose Radios, they do what the say they are going to do.

I sent my radio to them last fall and they returned to me in a double box my rebuilt unit. Been fine since. I would not hesitate to use them again.

Dr Don's has a very good rep, the one I used was Same Day Auto Audio Repair. Do a search on Ebay for rch72 and you can contact him by email or I think he lists his phone number. Less expensive than Dr. Don, and very quick service. I had my head unit repaired (CD wouldn't load/unload, lights burned out) and all four amps rebuilt for $310 returned to me. It sounds great now.

The place I used was out of California

I really dont want to start badmouthing the particular place. As for replacing I want to keep entire car factory for me. I have an 85 that I put the cd in and extras.

Edmond said:
The radio is an easy item to R and R. Get yourself a CD player and enjoy it.

I understand the idea, which is good. BUT: while partially true, the connections in MY changeover were quite different, therefore the swap/back became not so simple.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom