Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Chopped up 60' vette

M

Mick Dschida

i have a 1960 vette that was,before i bought it chopped in the front end.The bumpers and teeth were removed and the 1-2 inch section was removed and the lower portion refiberglassed to the upper.I'm told that this was fairly common thing to do,but have never seen one that was completly finished.Anybody ever seen what was done for bumpers.I havent gotten pulled over yet,but i dont want to beAny one know where i might find a picture of a car like this?

Welcome to the CAC Mick. That was a rather common modification back before restoring old Corcettes was a serious thing. The grille and eyebrow mouldings were just butted together and no bumpers were used. A friend had his '61 drag racer done this way. Although a replacement grille opening and valance panel are available from the parts houses they are expensive.

Tom

Thank you Tom You hit the nail on the head My car was dragged in the mid 70sbought mine 6 years ago,drove it for 3 months,trans went,got married,starting to work on it again this summer,

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom