Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Christmas Eve C1/C2 Thoughts

Corvette
www.67HEAVEN.com
We're all a little more mellow at Christmas time....even us God*-forsaken atheists. ;) The season moves me to reminisce a bit, if you'll permit.

My personal Corvette journey is a bizzare one that has included daily-driving in the late-1960's and early-1970's, slalom (gymkhana), drag and high-speed road-course racing in the 1960's, 1970's and early 1980's, complete dis-interest from the mid-1980's until about five years ago, and then a total body-off hotrod project most recently - all with the same car.

Strangely enough, it turns out that the person who re-ignited my interest in the car, my teenage son, has no real interest at all....but that's another story; one that I promise to share some day.

The common factor, as always, is the great Corvette people. I don't know if Corvette people are any better or any worse than other hobbyists. I do know, however, that I've never felt the need to find out. Corvettes are again my passion.......just like they're yours. I've met so many wonderful Corvette folks during the last 37 years that I wouldn't know where to begin in naming them......so I won't try. Club events, national conventions, racing, Carlisle, and now the online world - full of great Corvette people. It's all been a blast.

I would like to join with so many of you in thanking Rob for this wonderful place. Yes, there are other forums; some with more members; but CAC is something special, isn't it. It's been said before, about CAC, "quality not quantity". Double amen to that.

Where to now? Well, I have four Corvette-related goals for 2005:
1) drive 67HEAVEN to CruiseFest in Bowling Green in June (23 hour round trip - no trailer)
2) drive 67HEAVEN to Carlisle in August (18 hour round trip - no trailer)
3) offer whatever assistance I can in keeping CAC the quality place that it is
4) get to know even more of you

I consider it a privilege to be a member of the staff here at :CAC , and sincerely wish you all a belated-Happy Hannukah, a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

A present for you

Bob

Yeah....Well Said...Like he said.

I do think your goal of driving the Heaven is Most Excellant..!! I'll look forward to seeing you and the "67 Heaven" At Carlisle this 2005. Maybe you'll join us at the "63-67" Stingray Resistry" on the show field. I know Dennis#1 from the registry will have his 67 Vert with the 502 Ram jet their. Dennis # 2 shoild have the hood done soon.

And I'll be their with my 65 502. So that's 3.. 502 Midyear's..Combined HP..?????

And Of Course Rich Lagasse and his 502....But Who knows where he'll be camping out. Maybe he'll hang with us if he doesn't have any endorsments going on...:L

Yes Bob CAC (especially C1 C2:) ) is the best! That is because of the people, like you & Tom & others, who moderate it and even more so the people who participate. I have never seen a forum of any kind where the people were so giving of their knowledge and time and so patiently willing to assist others. The members set a very high standard of excellence that is a credit to the hobby. I will be sorry when my project is done as I'm sure my participation will diminish... but then there is always another project just around the corner. I learned that here too. Best regards to everyone here and best wishes for a happy, prosperous and peaceful New Year.
Gary

Best wishes to all this Christmas Eve!

Sept0404.jpg

Santa left a few things under the tree.

tree001.jpg

Bob,

Nice message and delivered at the right time of year.

Great plan to :Steer to Carlisle and Bowling Green. If you need a place for a pit stop on the way down just let us know.

Mark,

It might be the 62's turn this year so I don't think we would blend in too well with the 63-67 Registry. ;)

Paul,

Looks like you've unwrapped your presents early - a little anxious are we? :D

Thanks to all the folks here who make the hobby more enjoyable. While it might be the cars that are our common point of interest it's certainly the people who make it special. Next year will be even better!

Rich Lagasse

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Great New Year to all!
Tom

54796DSC02241.JPG

Well put as always Bob, If you choose the Windsor crossing on the way to cruise fest you are welcome to spend the night in Ohio as it is about 1/2 way.

Seasons Greetings to all the friends on CAC

Craig sr.

Nice Thoughts

I'd like to wish everyone a great Holiday with health & happiness.

:) I haven't been on for a couple of days due to multiple-location family Christmas gatherings so I'm a little late, but Merry Christmas to all our Forum members! It's all about learning, sharing knowledge, and sharing experiences with others so they can enjoy their Corvettes too - Happy New Year! :upthumbs

:beer

I too have been away visiting family for the Holiday. I hope everyone had a Great and Merry Christmas. I also hope that the New Year provides an opportunity to meet many of you at some of the Corvette outings in 2005. Thanks for all the help with my restoration projects and I will be looking forward to your assistance with the 63 SWC.

Ray

Sky65 said:
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Great New Year to all!
Tom

54796DSC02241.JPG
I always wondered why they put vinyl on those hardtops. Now I know, to keep the tree sap off of the paint.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and got lots of Corvette goodies.

Thanks to all for making this the best C1/C2 Forum going. I know it will continue to grow throughout the next year.

Also thanks to Bob for bringing a lot to this forum. His help and assistance have been fantastic.

Since you are bringing 67heaven to CruiseFest when do ride tickets go on sale?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom