Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Clear Coat

air1jpg

Corvette
1996 Polo Green LT1 Coupe
My clear coat is commin off in spots. I have found clear coat sold in quart cans. Is it possiable to touch up clear coat? :confused

The short answer is Yes. The long answer is Yes, be careful not to damage the base coat (color) when you are prepping the area for the clear coat.

I have the same problem and got a $300 estimate to repair three 2" square areas on the driver's door from my body shop so I've been looking into this also and the above is the result of my looking. I've also had some experience applying a base coat/clear coat finish so it's not something completely foreign to me.

Having said that, if the rest of your car is pristine, which mine isn't, you might want to pay the bucks to be safe.

The short answer is Yes. The long answer is Yes, be careful not to damage the base coat (color) when you are prepping the area for the clear coat.

I have the same problem and got a $300 estimate to repair three 2" square areas on the driver's door from my body shop so I've been looking into this also and the above is the result of my looking. I've also had some experience applying a base coat/clear coat finish so it's not something completely foreign to me.

Having said that, if the rest of your car is pristine, which mine isn't, you might want to pay the bucks to be safe.

I will be having my vette re-painted after I pay it off, I am just looking to make it last till then. Thank you for the reply. :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom