Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ClearBra Saved My Paint

Bonnell

Corvette
2008 Convertible
As I have posted previously, when I bought my new '08 JSB coupe I debated whether I should spend $900 on a ClearBra treament that provides coverage of all vulnerable areas or to spend ~$750 on Speed Lingerie color bra and mirror covers.

I chose the ClearBra because of the protection behind the wheels, all of the rocker panel and into the car where my shoes scuff and in the hand entry area. These additional areas are not protected with a bra only and my previous vettes all had paint damage here.

One week ago I traveled to a rural town for a funeral. The reception was held at the family plantation way out in the country. I was in the procession leaving the cemetary and there were many cars behind me. We eventually came to the end of the pavement!

Oh oh. No way to turn around, no way to stop. The road was dirt with rock chunks. Not rounded gravel, sharpe-edged rock chunks. After 1/2 mile it turned in deep rock chunks. Even going slow you should have heard the noise of these rocks hitting my car. The guys with me looked over and said "man I am so sorry this happened to your paint."

We finally go to the house and I checked it our best as I could (covered with red dust) and I could see no damage. Once I left I found a car wash in the small town and cleaned her up.

Absolutely no damage except a 2-3 inch scuff in the 3M material along one rocker panel.

I am a believer. It was absolutely worth it.:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom