Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

co7 code

ggaagg57

Corvette
68,502 convt. ,- &81,4speed ,80 4 speed, 70 454
has anyone seen or have a 65 convert that had a hardtop instead of the soft top? and if you do or did , did the back deck have the hole s for the soft top to lock into , or was there a deck made with no holes for the top? george

I believe the hardtop-only cars had no holes or hardware for the softop hold-down clamps. At one time I had two versions of these panels, and that's the way I recall it. Actually, I still have one of them (sold the other, but can't remember which one I sold) so I'll see if I can dig it out.

I know that on the solid axle Corvettes hardtop only cars didn't have the soft top latches. I only recall ever seeing one mid year hardtop only car. It was a black 1964 with the third tail light added. It was a local trade in in 1965. I can't remember if the deck had latches. I would tend to agree with Wayne that they didn't.

There were three different drilling/cutting patterns for the mid-year top compartment lid (just like '56-'62) - soft top only, hardtop only, and both tops. Approximately 1,200 hardtop-only cars were built each year from '63-'66, and 895 in '67, or about 5% of production.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom