Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Comparison views

Fuelie

Corvette
'65 Fuelie Coupe, '78 L48 Cpe
I was over visiting '67 Heaven today and I am truly impressed with this car:cool

Unless you see this car next to another mid year it is tough for most folks to realize the true impact of the mean stance. I have included a pic of his car and my stock '65 from the same angle(except for 195/75/15 radial used tires that the car sat on during the resto) :D

'67 Heaven
body-drop-01-700.jpg

Fuelie
003.jpg

Wow. That's a neat comparison!

Also, my new suspension design, as well as the 50 series tires, allows me to get the car substantially lower than stock. Notice the difference in angles of the half-shafts on the two cars. Mine are almost horizontal.

Was yours jacked up a bit in this photo?

Thanks. Great comparison.

There was no weight in the car yet just like yours, but the steel spring had not "settled" yet. Once the car was all dressed and had been driven a bit it all levelled out.

comparison

67 Heaven,

What size wheels and tires are you using? Also, did you go to a larger rear antisway bar or are you using stock? It is hard to tell in the picture but it looks like you have the double rear composite spring, is that so? Thanks.

Best regards,
Gerry

Re: comparison

Gerry said:
67 Heaven,

What size wheels and tires are you using? Also, did you go to a larger rear antisway bar or are you using stock? It is hard to tell in the picture but it looks like you have the double rear composite spring, is that so? Thanks.

Best regards,
Gerry

Gerry,

The front wheels are 1969 8" x 15" rally wheels with 1969 trim rings and 1967 centers.

Front tires are P265/50R-15.

The rear wheels are aftermarket 10" x 15" rally wheels with 1969 trim rings and 1967 centers.
P295-50R-15withcaps.jpg

Rear tires are P295/50R-15....approximately 11.5" of tread width on the ground to help tame the beast to come. :D

See Chapter 8.

Yes, the rear anti-sway bar is much larger than original. In fact, the entire suspension has been updated using Vette Brakes Performance Plus suspension kit.
VetteBrakes-20020702-a.jpg

See Chapter 5.

I haven't noticed the angles on the halfshafts until you pointed it out. Excellent comparisons; it'll be interesting to see how 67Heaven rides as compared to the stock suspension & tires.

comparison

67 Heaven,

I have done the same to my car except I did not use the dual composite rear springs (I usewd the 420 lb single composite). I have been trying to determine the widest wheel and tire s I can get for the same reason you stated. I have had a alignment shop measure my offset needs and they said I could not use 10" rear wheels because of the sway bar ( I have the same as you 1 1/4 front and 7/8 rear). Do you have any body mods? I would love to use the size wheels and tires you are using or even go with 17" torque thrust IIs but I am not sure I will clear the bodywork and sway bar in the rear. I will try and find someone with wheels like yours and try them, unfortunately you can't try TT2s without buying them (an expensive potential mistake). Thanks for the info. BTW you are going to love the way the car will handle, I really like mine and I only still have 6x15 67 rallye wheels with 235x15 michelin pilots. Bigger is better for road warriors like these.

Best regards,
Gerry

comparison

Just went through your website. Very NICE. Have you made up your mind about the engine yet? I am leaning toward the 540 from World products comes with a 24 month warrenty too ( HA ).
I don't know how much the big Gm engine will be but I think around 11 grand. I only have a few pics right now. If you want I can e-mail them to you.

Best regards,
Gerry

We're trying to source "appropriate" engine components on this side of the border. Buying things that large cross-border present all sorts of customs, duty and shipping problems.

I'll know within a week or two if I'm buying local.

You'll find a link to eMail me your photos at http://www.67HEAVEN.com

Cheers.

Where's yer smugglers hat ?...moonshiners used to fill there tanks with alcohol. Who's ta' say that ole 250 straight sixer in that 67 Chevy can't roll back across the Rainbow bridge as a 540 V8 ?

We're trying to source "appropriate" engine components on this side of the border. Buying things that large cross-border present all sorts of customs, duty and shipping problems.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom