Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

correct air cleaner for 77 L82?

7t7

Okay, I give...anyone tell me if the correct air cleaner for my 77 L82 4 speed is a dual or a single. I''m taking this car back to original. Lots of conflicting info in the sales catalogs and even the assembly manual page on subject says waiting layout approval (only shows single). The chevy dealer print out shows dual for a "HP" 350 which made me laugh that they would but the high performance designator on such a gutless, smog ladden set up..I've reached critical mass and need some help...thanks very much.

Dennis;shrug

From the book; Corvette Restoration Guide,by Richard Prince.For base engine cars the housing has a single snorkel pointing to the front of the car.Cars equipped with the L-82 engines had two forward facing snorkels.Both snorkels are connected to a molded plenum similar to base model cars exept it has two connction points.Hope this helps you out.

Your response was exactly what I needed. Thank you. I just ordered the book you quoted from; perfect reference for what I'm doing.
Dennis

The 1977 Corvette L-48 and L-82 motors both used the same air intake housing. It was a single snorkel intake. The duel snorkel intake was not introduced until 1978 for the L-82. Also, all 1977 Corvettes with the L-82 came equipped with all the anti pollution devices and the only L-48 engine to receive these devices were cars delivered to California.
The link below shows a 1977 Corvette L-82 4-speed car that was at the Corvette museum for several years. This car is still in wrappers and has less then 2000 miles on it to date.
http://1-4u-computer-graphics.com/bobbecks77.htm
Brian

I am just trying to accurately describe what is correct and what is not correct for the 1977 model, both L-48 & L-82 motors.
I do have the correct assembly manual for the 1977 Corvette.
Brian

This is all great feedback. You guys are awesome. the assembly manual I have doesn't show both, only the single but again, it states "awaiting approval". Brian's weblink and background on the L82 is hard to argue with...cheers, Dennis

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom