Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Emblem On The Valve Cover?

SPEEDEMON

Corvette
Ex 1995 ZR-1 Aqua/Blk #389, 2010 ZR1 JSB/Blk #1549
How many of you guys have your Corvette emblem that’s mounted on your valve cover discolored to purple? Some how I just replaced my Corvette emblem (part #10174309) on one of my valve covers last May, a year ago. Yesterday at a car show I entered I notice the new emblem started to discolor to a light purple just a year later and driven with less than 500 miles on the car. My original emblem still retains the full black color after all these years. I’m just wonder if you guys are having same problems with the emblems turning purple.

I haven't had any problems with the emblems on my '90 which are stock and came with the car, but I've heard that the newer LT5 motors have emblems that turn purple over time. My guess is that GM changed suppliers of the emblems at some point during production and as a result, the composition of the emblem changed in some way. Again, just a guess on my part...

I've got a '90 also with the original emblems and mine are fine. However, my friend's '95 are also turning to that purple color. I'm not sure which years they stared to change the emblems though.

Jay

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom