Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

CORVETTE RACING AT ROAD AMERICA: On a Roll!

cor123

Corvette
2009 GT1 Championship Edition
CORVETTE RACING AT ROAD AMERICA: On a Roll!

Corvette Z06 GT3.R on four-race win streak in GT World Challenge America

DETROIT (August 13, 2024) – The Chevrolet Corvette Z06 GT3.R and DXDT Racing look to remain unbeaten in GT World Challenge America’s Pro class as the series travels this weekend for two 90-minute sprint races at Road America.

The team will have a pair of the first-year Corvette GT3s at the 4.048-mile, 14-turn road course just off Lake Michigan in Wisconsin. Tommy Milner and Alec Udell, in the No. 63 DXDT Racing Z06 GT3.R, have been the dominant pairing since making their debut together with four consecutive Pro-class wins and three pole positions in two events.

The strong performance has carried over to the No. 08 DXDT Corvette. DXDT Racing will debut a new lineup of team veteran Bryan Sellers and newcomer Bryson Morris, who will make his first career start in GT World Challenge in the Z06 GT3.R and tested the Corvette last week at Road America.

There is momentum in the No. 08 Corvette camp, as well, with a Pro-Am podium finish the last time out at VIR.

This weekend will be the second event at Road America for the Z06 GT3.R in three weeks, following a round of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. Corvette Z06 GT3.Rs swept the first row of the GTD PRO grid with the race ending with top-five finishes in both the GTD PRO and GTD classes.

DXDT Racing spent two days testing at Road America last week, armed with feedback and input on chassis and aero setups from the IMSA programs. Those lessons should help the team establish an optimal baseline for Friday’s opening practice.

DXDT Racing will race in the first of two GT World Challenge America races at Road America at 3:10 p.m. ET on Saturday, followed by Sunday’s second race at 2:15 p.m. ET. Live coverage of both races plus timing & scoring will be available at gt-world-challenge-america.com and SRO’s GT World YouTube channel.

DXDT RACING CORVETTE PRE-EVENT QUOTES

TOMMY MILNER, NO. 63 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R: “We tested last Monday and Tuesday, and adding data from the recent MSA event, there’s a lot that will apply to the SRO weekend. I’ve already realized that across the two weekends that I’ve done. Car knowledge plays a big role in helping to drive the direction of the Corvette on the Pirelli tire. This is the first direct, back-to-back correlation just with the test but also the race. Our Corvette was good on the IMSA weekend. We were 1-2 in qualifying and were really good in the race. We’ll try to build on that and have another good weekend here with DXDT.”

ALEC UDELL, NO. 63 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R: "I"m excited for the Road America race weekend with DXDT in the Corvette Z06 GT3R. Road America is an iconic venue on the SRO schedule. It brings exciting racing and attracts great fans. Tommy has a lot of knowledge coming off a strong race weekend with the Pratt Miller team, so I'm looking to pick up as much info from him as I can and roll that into another great weekend with the team."

BRYAN SELLERS, NO. 08 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R: "After a strong showing in VIR I’m really looking forward to getting to Road America. The team is working hard to continue to produce results, and I’m hopeful that in this next round we are able to convert that hard work into good results."

BRYSON MORRIS, NO. 08 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R: "I'm super excited and honored to race with DXDT Racing this weekend at Road America. It will be my GT3 debut in the U.S., and I could not ask for a better team to do it with. We had a strong test together not too long ago and I believe we will be in strong contention to at least be on the podium."

CHRISTIE BAGNE, CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R PROGRAM MANAGER: “To say that we are pleased with DXDT Racing and the competitiveness of the Corvette Z06 GT3.R in GT World Challenge America is an understatement. The same spirit of enthusiasm and collaboration that we saw in the first days of this effort remains evident. Four race wins and five podium finishes is an impressive start that shows the capability of the team as well as the reliability and performance of our Corvette GT3 car in customer hands.”

2024 GT World Challenge America Championship Points

Manufacturers Standings

1. Porsche – 166

2. Mercedes-AMG – 125

3. BMW – 121

4. Chevrolet – 103

5. Acura – 18

Pro Drivers Standings

1. Adam Adelson/Elliott Skeer – 152

2. Varun Choksey/Bill Auberlen – 116

3. Tommy Milner/Alec Udell – 100

4. Luca Mars/Zach Veach – 93

5. Spencer Pumpelly/Trent Hindman – 83

Pro Teams Standings

1. Wright Motorsports – 152

2. ST Racing – 116

3. DXDT Racing – 100

4. Racers Edge Motorsports – 93

5. RS1 – 83

Pro-Am Drivers Standings

1. Samantha Tan/Neil Verhagen – 162

2. Justin Rothberg/Robby Foley – 116

3. George Kurtz/Colin Braun – 108

4. Philip Ellis/Jeff Burton – 87

5. Kyle Washington/Tom Sargent – 70

6. Scott Smithson/Bryan Sellers – 66

Pro-Am Teams Standings

1. ST Racing – 162

2. Turner Motorsport – 118

3. CrowdStrike by Riley – 108

4. GMG Racing – 72

5. Regulator Racing – 67

6. DXDT Racing – 66

CORVETTE RACING AT ROAD AMERICA: By the Numbers

• 1: One manufacturer, one car brand and one program for 23 years at Road America: Chevrolet, Corvette and Corvette Racing

• 4: Generations of Corvette Racing entries at Road America since 2002 – Corvette C5-R (2002-04), Corvette C6.R (2005-13), Corvette C7.R (2016-2019) and Corvette C8.R/Z06 GT3.R (2020-current). Both of the latter are eighth-gen Corvettes

• 4: Number of cars Tommy Milner passed in the final 15 minutes of the 2016 IMSA Road America race. He and Oliver Gavin went on to win in class and capture the GTLM Drivers Championship that season

• 9: Pole positions at Road America for Corvette Racing entries by five different drivers, including two weeks ago by Nicky Catsburg in IMSA GTD PRO

• 10: Number of drivers who have won races at Road America for Corvette Racing – Gavin (four); Olivier Beretta (three); Johnny O’Connell (two); and Kelly Collins, Ron Fellows, Antonio Garcia, Jan Magnussen, Milner, Andy Pilgrim and Jordan Taylor (one each)

• 12: Fastest race laps for Corvette Racing drivers at Road America

• 14: Manufacturer Championships for Chevrolet and Corvette Racing since 2001

• 27: Tracks at which Corvette Racing has won races across IMSA, WEC and GT World Challenge – Baltimore, Charlotte Motor Speedway, COTA, Canadian Tire Motorsport Park/Mosport, Daytona, Detroit, Houston, Laguna Seca, Le Mans, Lime Rock, Long Beach, Miami, Mid-Ohio, Monza, Portimão, Portland, Road America, Road Atlanta, Sebring, Sonoma, St. Petersburg, Texas, Trois Rivieres, Utah, VIR, Washington DC and Watkins Glen

• 49: Number of drivers in Corvette Racing entries since 1999. DXDT Racing’s Bryson Morris will become No. 50 this weekend at Road America in GT World Challenge America

• 132: Victories worldwide for Corvette Racing – 115 in IMSA, nine at Le Mans, three in the FIA WEC and four in GT World Challenge America

• 300: Event starts by Corvette Racing entries since 1999, starting with that year’s Rolex 24 At Daytona. No. 300 came two weeks ago at Road America in IMSA

• 13,423.23: Number of racing miles completed by Corvette Racing in its 23 previous trips to Road America. That represents 3,308 laps or 113 trips across Lake Michigan

• 386,337.15: Total number of racing miles completed by Corvette Racing entries since 1999. To put that in perspective, Corvette Racing is more than halfway to the distance traveled by Apollo 13 – the longest manned spaceflight in history: 622,268 miles

Ryan Smith
Judy Kouba Dominick
1723654232177.png

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom