Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Window Problem?

• Thread starter Thread starter steve0202
  • Start date Start date
S

steve0202

I have never had something like this happen to me. No matter what I use to clean the glass on my 2008 ZO6, they will not come completely clean. It is like there is film on the glass that keeps rearing its ugly head. I have used Armor All glass cleaner, Windex, and 409 glass and surface cleaner all with paper towels and it just does not get the glass clean. Even when I think it is clean, you get in the car and look out the front and back and see filmy streaks. It is frustrating. Has anyone experienced this? Does the factory coat the glass with something? Was my car improperly "prepped" at the dealership?

Take a look around the Care and Detailing section.
I don't know if there is anything specific to the C6/Z06, but windex and 409 are junk, and paper towels are a no-no too :L

Try b&w newspapers and Stoner's Invisible Glass cleaner. It always worked pretty well for me.

I've moved this to the Care & Detailing section where your problem is likely to generate more suggestions.

Are you talking specifically about the inside of the windows? If so, are you using some sort of treatment on the dash? That may be contributing to the film on the windows.

I absolutely agree that Stoner's Invisible Glass is great! I use that with a couple of microfiber towels. After applying the Invisible Glass, wipe with one of the towels. When that one gets more than a little damp, wipe with another dry one. Forget the paper towels!

Elaine

Thanks Elaine

Thanks for the info Elaine. It is more of an issue on the outside of the glass. I'm now thinking that the paper towels may be the culprit. Maybe it is just moving dirt around instead of pickng it up? I cannot believe that windex, although not the greatest product, cannot get the windows clean. It has to be the towels.

I've moved this to the Care & Detailing section where your problem is likely to generate more suggestions.

Are you talking specifically about the inside of the windows? If so, are you using some sort of treatment on the dash? That may be contributing to the film on the windows.

I absolutely agree that Stoner's Invisible Glass is great! I use that with a couple of microfiber towels. After applying the Invisible Glass, wipe with one of the towels. When that one gets more than a little damp, wipe with another dry one. Forget the paper towels!

Elaine

I was having an issue with a new windshield... When it rained the wipers would smear the water instead of removing it. :eyerole I cleaned it with the Stoner's and it seemed to have helped.

With a name like Stoner's, it is .........

I forget...

:chuckle

;LOL

How about scraping it down with a razorblade. shoudnt hurt the glass an you should get everything off of it.

I'm going to suggest claybarring the windshield. I did that to my '05, and it seemed to clear it up nicely.

Elaine

I'm going to suggest claybarring the windshield. I did that to my '05, and it seemed to clear it up nicely.

Elaine
Did you do the back window too???How'd it turn out if you did?Thanks.

Did you do the back window too???How'd it turn out if you did?Thanks.

Actually, I did the rear window first, and it looks much better. Can't hurt to try it.

Elaine

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom