Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvettes vs Rivals

• Thread starter Thread starter wwr
  • Start date Start date
W

wwr

How do these cars like the BoxterS and 350Z, and other cars with less horepower and torque hang with the Vette? Alot of these cars have less than 300 horsepower or the Hemi (340)
Charger, and they are close to the new C6 or stay with the '04 C5? Is it weight, gears, or what. I can't believe a standard '04 C5 can't out run a Boxster S with what 250-268 HP. Just asking here.

wwr

I think not...

Hmmmm, the new Porsche Boxster S will not outrun a C6 (based on driver), and it only takes a slightly modded (if that) C5 to send a Boxster packin. I composed a spreadsheet image (see attachement) of some numbers posted from a popular magazine site that support this.

The Carrera S, however, has some nuts and may be a little more fine tuned out-of-the-box... all the more reason to justify a couple hundy in mods to your C5 or C6 and put the ball back in your court. Base on a Carrera S is $79,895... price as tested was $88,805!!! The C6 price as tested was $52,470. We're hardly even comparing apples to apples here; a $36K difference in price outta annihilate a C6 and yet the dual comes out nearly even-steven.

Alternatively, a Boxster S ($58,240 as tested!!) may be quick and agile, but 13.4 in the 1/4 mile is NOTHING to write home about; and you better have a good excuse if you lose that bout. Even amongst a couple Porsche owners that I know, the Boxster is kind of looked down upon; it's the 'cheap' Porsche.

A 350Z .... :eyerole umm, don't worry about him either. And the Charger is sharp, and I'm not up to speed on the stats, but I think its gotta weigh like 5000+ ?? Anyone wanna back me up on that?

Rest assured, pick up your confidence in your Corvette:D You can make it a player in any game ;)

You're Kidding right??

;LOLBoxter, 350Z, now THAT'S funny!! :SLAP Back many $'s ago, when my Z was stock, I was dead even with an '02 911 Turbo at Mid-Ohio. You could have Marrio Andretti behind the wheel of those cars, and NO CHANCE!!

343%3B3%3A6723232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2333%3D986%3D98%3A%3DXROQDF%3E232387%3A%3B84798ot1lsi

343%3B3%3A6723232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2333%3D986%3D98%3A%3DXROQDF%3E232387%3A%3B84889ot1lsi

My bubby had a 2005 350Z manual. All I remember was looking in my rear view mirror, with my 2000 6speed vette.. No match at all..

I have had the chance to test the performance of my 2002 coupe against plenty of European cars and have not been out performed yet. That includes a Carrera 911 and 911S, BMW M3, Z-4, 545, Z-1, AMG Mercedes E55, 320, Alpha GT, Ferrari 348GTB, Jaguar XK Coupe (and a few crotch rockets). These um, uh, encounters occurred on the Autostrada, Autobahn and in the Alps on the twisties. I understand clearly that I wouldn't stand a chance against an Enzo, or McClaren or Porsche Turbo, but all these I list have at least as much HP as the Vette or far less weight. I have added a few bolt ons and surely have more than stock HP, but it's not severe. I'm confident that my car performs at least on a par with anything remotely in it's class.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom