Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Coupe metal supports for door?

skids

Corvette
64 coupe
Mid America has metal supports, for 63-64 door panel, PN. 601-650. Now were these originally used on these years? My 64 doesn't have them, and I got a pair of these a while ago, and they didn't seem to really fit right, so after a few attempts to make them work,I decided to return them, thinking I didn't really need them anyway. Do these attach to door panel, or to the door itself? Now that I think about it, my panels were replaced by original owner, and I remember seeing a plastic support, with the same shape as the metal supports in the catalog, attached to the back of the door panel. Maybe I just answered my own question.

skids said:
Mid America has metal supports, for 63-64 door panel, PN. 601-650. Now were these originally used on these years? My 64 doesn't have them, and I got a pair of these a while ago, and they didn't seem to really fit right, so after a few attempts to make them work,I decided to return them, thinking I didn't really need them anyway. Do these attach to door panel, or to the door itself? Now that I think about it, my panels were replaced by original owner, and I remember seeing a plastic support, with the same shape as the metal supports in the catalog, attached to the back of the door panel. Maybe I just answered my own question.
I think you did!! :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom