Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Couple of pics of my first Vette

F

FireLt90

1994 Polo Green. First time Vette owner. Definately need window tint. It's getting HOT in Florida! Especially with the translucent top. Very fun to drive.

Hello and welcome to the Corvette Action Center..Congrats on the Vette.:upthumbs

Congrats and welcome! :upthumbs

You’re going to love the Polo Green after a fresh wax job, it shines up pretty nice. :cool

B17Crew
:w

Congrats and welcome! :upthumbs

You’re going to love the Polo Green after a fresh wax job, it shines up pretty nice. :cool

B17Crew

Thanks. The pics are kinda small so its a bit hard to see but I put my first coat of Zaino on earlier last week. It's 14 year old paint so it's not perfect, but the green does shine up nice. A couple more coats and I'm sure it will look incredible.

I love the dark colors, especially the Polo Green (I had two Bonneville's that were very close a 92 and a 98), but the one thing I didn't like about them was keeping them clean (I'm a little anal about that). That's why when I bought a light color was a must (white, silver, etc).

Oh by the way, welcome and if you have questions, just ask.

Wecome to CAC!

Nice looking ride, I'm sure you'll enjoy it! When I found my car, polo green was one of the colors that I'd often look at, I think they look great, a couple good coats of Zaino and it'll be looking slick as ever!

Great looking Vette!

And welcome to CAC!

As an aside, is the Zaino easy to work with?

SAVE THE :w

Great looking Vette!

And welcome to CAC!

As an aside, is the Zaino easy to work with?

SAVE THE :w

Thank you. Yes, I think the Zaino products are exceptionally easy to work with. I started using Zaino after I bought my 2005 Mustang GT (now sold :) ).
Don't let all the product numbers fool you. It's really quite simple. The first application is probably the most time consuming if you follow the directions and wash with Dawn first and then do the clay bar. Goes on light and comes off nice and easy with little to no powdery residue. My paint always gets compliments. I say give it a shot. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks. The pics are kinda small so its a bit hard to see but I put my first coat of Zaino on earlier last week. It's 14 year old paint so it's not perfect, but the green does shine up nice. A couple more coats and I'm sure it will look incredible.

I love Zaino, that’s all I use on my ’96. I just received the new Zaino CS (Zaino Clear Seal) in the mail last week. I’m pretty happy with it, just spray on, distribute with the supplied cloth applicator and let dry. It was a little pricey, but you get what you pay for.

B17Crew

smilies-42650.png

Glad you joined us! Nice looking Polo Green! I've always thought that was a beautiful Corvette color! My first was a '94 Torch Red convertible.

Enjoy your first Corvette and the CAC forums. Great people here and they'll help you learn a lot about your C4!

:w Jane Ann

BTW... I love that Zaino too! :cool

127.jpg

Congrats on your new ride

I know exactly how you feel. That polo green is also the best color right after Torch Red...:D A must though in the Florida sun. Is that a beige interior I detect in the photos?

Thats right. Beige interior. The seats are a bit beat up from having no tint and that acrylic top, but I'm thinking of getting some of those Wet Okole seat covers. And I just had the tint installed yesterday. 15% on the fronts and 5% limo on the rear with a headliner blackout on the way from madvet.com. Should make a big difference in the interior temp.

Also, in case you weren't already aware, tint guys DO NOT like doing vette's. Something to do with the curvature of the rear window.

Congrats and Welcome! Polo Green is one of my favorite colors, but then again they dont make ugly Vette's. :beer

I used to live in Cape Coral in the 70's, both sisters were born in Lee County Memorial. Haven't been back in 30+ yrs. I'm not sure I would remeber anything anyways. I do remember going fishing in the canals with my Dad, He would go down and see if it was fresh or brackish.

Enjoy and dont forget to Wave :w

:pat

I love Zaino, that’s all I use on my ’96. I just received the new Zaino CS (Zaino Clear Seal) in the mail last week. I’m pretty happy with it, just spray on, distribute with the supplied cloth applicator and let dry. It was a little pricey, but you get what you pay for.

B17Crew

I would tend to agree, Zaino is some really great stuff. It makes my white car look fantastic. That's something I didn't get using other products.

I would tend to agree, Zaino is some really great stuff. It makes my white car look fantastic. That's something I didn't get using other products.

I’m going to be a long time Zaino customer, it’s a quality product.

Another big plus is having it delivered right to my front door. It helps with the busy schdule I have.

Here’s my Polo!

IMG_0405.jpg

B17Crew

Crew- from the pic your engine bay looks nice and clean. I started working on mine yesterday and I think I could work on it for 2 straight weeks and still not be done. Washing an entire engine bay by hand really sucks. Wish there was a better way.

Heres a pic with the new tint.

Crew- from the pic your engine bay looks nice and clean. I started working on mine yesterday and I think I could work on it for 2 straight weeks and still not be done. Washing an entire engine bay by hand really sucks. Wish there was a better way.

Heres a pic with the new tint.

That tint should help with interior temps/protection. Wish we had the sun problem here in Ohio.

Thanks for the compliment! It’s time consuming doing it by hand, but the results are worth it. I'm still not done detailing mine yet. I try to get to it every now and then, but work keeps getting in the way. :L

Here are a few pics of my engine compartment (52,000 miles).

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0382-1.jpg

B17Crew

Wow! Looks great. How did you do the plenum cover? Did you replace it or take it off and hand paint it? And also the Corvette lettering?

His engine is the LT4 (1996 only) and they came from the factory with the red (powdercoated, I think) intake. As far as the lettering, there are lettering kits that you can buy from the major suppliers and stick on. or you can do what I did, and buy some of the Duplicolor touch up paint and paint it yourself.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom