Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Courtesy lights

Bob 97

Corvette
1997 Red Coupe
I have a 1997 and the inside lights do not come on when I open the doors or hatch.
The light under the hood comes on when I open it.
I cannot turn the lights in the back hatch on at all.
I have checked all fuses and swapped relays and still no lights.
I have removed the bulbs and test them all and they light up.
Is there some ground or wire I can check?

Light controls ?

If you adjust the dash light switch all the way to the brightest setting, your interior lights should come on. Also, I believe if you go into the 'Options' on your DIC, it will have an option that allows you to turn on and off different lights. Or at least, my 2003 does have a set of options with regard to the different lights and seat funtions. I'd do a search here and see if anyone else has a take on your light troubles, and here we have a 'Owners Manual' for you to look over and see if it covers you situation.

If there's no blown fuses, then either the lights switch is bad or it's not set to light when you want it to. When I press the unlock button on my key fob, the the outside lights, the fog lights the backup lights and the interior lights come on, they will stay on for about a minute or until you lift the door handle and open the door, then all of the lights except for the interior lights will go out. And once you insert the key in the ignition switch, then the interior lights go out once the engine is started and idling. Hope this helps, Good Luck ! :w

Thanks for the input.

Foubnd a blown fuse that was not listed in the owners manual.
Everything ok now.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom