Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cracked Suspension Spring

Bluemill

Corvette
2000 Navy targa
I have a longitudinal crack right down the middle of my "popsicle stick" front fiberglass spring that I discovered the last time I changed the oil. The car seems to ride well, and aside the usual c5 bumping the nose pulling into driveways and parking lots because of the overhang, I don't thing I'm riding too low. The spring is still in one piece, but the crack is pretty deep in most of its length.

Is this Corvette abuse? Or is this a hazardous situation?

Can an advanced shade tree guy with a compressor, good tools and a garage do this or should I bring this to a pro?

Thanks,
Bluemill
:beer

Sorry for your bad luck.I think it's a yes to both of the questions, not that I never abuse mine;).Broken spring is newer a good thing, I would definitely replace it. Good reason to put in a better performance one. It is not extremely difficult to exchange them but it is a lots of work. Minimum of two jacks, solid car stands and a clean floor is a must. Before doing it yourself I would shop local shops with a lift that have some experience for this job. Plus you will still incur the alignment cost when done. That will usually be included in the price of exchange at a good shop. Good luck, Zig.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom