Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: cracks in fiberglass

chevy50

Corvette
1976 corvette
I recently traded for a 76 vette,and recently notice that there is two cracks in the fiberglass behind the rear window,one on each side of the insde vertical panels that taper down to the rear deck.Should I drill a hole at the ends of the cracks to keep them from gettin worse or just fill and forget em?Is this a normal area for cracks on c3?Imight have done it when I was jackin the front around to get some jack stands under it.Had to jack the frame up to get another jack under the a-arm.I never did think I was the brightest bulb in the pack!?Any help would be greatly appreciated!Mark:duh;shrug

Good Question!

When I bought my 74 in 2000 I registered it and was told that it needed to be inspected within 10 days, so I went to a NC inspection station at 6:45 the next day. At 7:00 when someone showed up thay said they don't do Vettes because they can crack? So what now? I went elseware and they said to loosen the T-Tops and close the doors to the first latch, leaving them open a little. I always jacked the car up that way when it needed some work. Than a a car show someone told me to leave the tops tight and the doors closed tight.
I still leave everything loose and I'd like to hear some other views on this.
As far as the cracks spreading stop drilling works on aircraft so that should work on fiberglass, but I'm open to answers on that too. PG.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom