Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Critters living in or on your C3

L48

I found four mud wasp nests so far, two attached to the upper control arm, one on the crossmember and one on the transmission near the tranny lines. All were old and no longer active. There was evidence of paper wasp nests in the doorjamb and just in front of the headlights also.

I wondered what others might have found - mice, snakes, birds, raccoons?

L48 said:
I found four mud wasp nests so far, two attached to the upper control arm, one on the crossmember and one on the transmission near the tranny lines. All were old and no longer active. There was evidence of paper wasp nests in the doorjamb and just in front of the headlights also.

I wondered what others might have found - mice, snakes, birds, raccoons?

Neat! Look what I found in my Diff X-member:

attachment.php

It's a bird's nest!

Same thing here..2 mud wasp nests on the upper control arm, thankfully nobody home when I removed them.
I've been doing a renovation and taking loads to the dump in my van, on the way there yesterday I felt a sharp pain on my back..then another, by the time I got pulled over the last sting was below the top of my shorts :eek..darn wasps had nests on the old facia boards I was dumping.

Did you see the episode of "Pimp My Ride" where the girl had rat **** all over her car (inside) when that dude went to pick it up? She acted like everyone drove around with rat turds all over the seats. When they ripped out the back seat the rat was living under it! That thing was huge!

L48'
Check out page 4 of the thread 'Where did you buy your current C3' - slyone1000 got his complete with two Copperheads!

My '80 was out in the bushes and something got in it and chewed up the carpet! Squirrels is my guess.

Mouse carcass....

A few weeks after i got my vette , i took out the seats to clean the carpet really good.I did notice some mouse manure under the seats and they were using the insulation from under the carpet there to make a nest.the house had been vacant for some time i would guess, but the real surprize was taking the bolts off the seats...on my 73 the bolt on the outer rail is in the frame, with an access cut out...when i reached into it...i found a cadaver with atleast a few months worth of dehydrating....poor guy....but he did get a really sweet ride after i brought her home! :D
Chas

vetski179 said:
My '80 was out in the bushes and something got in it and chewed up the carpet! Squirrels is my guess.
You have to wonder how they got in? I know someone who had problems with chipmunks or something chewing on wires under the hood.

On my Camaro some rodents took it upon themselves to build a nest in the exhaust pipe using pink insulation (I do not drive it in winter). I had no idea they were even in there until I started the car and then noticed the piles of insulation on the ground after I moved the car.

L48 said:
You have to wonder how they got in? I know someone who had problems with chipmunks or something chewing on wires under the hood.

On my Camaro some rodents took it upon themselves to build a nest in the exhaust pipe using pink insulation (I do not drive it in winter). I had no idea they were even in there until I started the car and then noticed the piles of insulation on the ground after I moved the car.

at least they were warm.

I've had mice build a nest in the folded up convertible top of my '70 while it was parked in the garage under a cover. I've also had mice (I guess) put a bunch of dry dog food in the exhaust pipes of my '89 MR2 - my wife tried to drive it one day and it ran terrible and gave off a burning smell. I made a guess what it might be - something in the exhaust pipe - and when I stood behind the car and blipped the throttle by hand (mid-engined car) I watched it puke out charred pieces of dog food. I did that for a few minutes and then it was fine.

Kevin

That's a relief!

When you said you smelled something burning, I thought you were gonna say a burned up mouse shot out the exhaust!

stench!!!!!!!!!!

When I got mine in spring had no use for heat or air but upon using soon after I found out something died in the heater core area. It still stinks months later I have tried everything to get rid of the stench short of tearing apart the heater box and core. I hope it soon goes away as the wife won't go for a ride until stench is gone.:cry

Yes..............when I got mine in 77.............2 Copper Head Snake were un the storage compartment behind the seats.......**I Hate Snakes**......they were not alive very long after I found them. I grew up on a farm, and bought the 71 from a Farmer in town. I usually let snakes go their merry way......those 2 were a little to close for my taste though.....

When I was helping Dawn(Chevyaddict) with her hood release cable problem a few weeks ago, I found this under my hood. The meeses had stuffed every cranny in my air cleaner with mirraflex insulation from my attic. Boy, they work quick!

Hell, the only thing that lives in my '82 is demons!! Guess that's why I call it poltergeist!

Soft Top or Hammock?

A question I pose daily to my 17lb. cat!

Car's currently getting new paint / new soft top. I'm thinking of rigging a particle board/pully-type system from the garage rafters. I would lower it to just above the soft top when the cars in the garage and raise it before taking the car out.

I would ask how other Forum members how they handled this situation but I have a feeling the remedy's would be a little harsh ;-)

James,
Simple solution - keep the cat in the house. My Siamese lives with us and the Corvette has it's own house, shared with 3 other Chevys and a 327 tractor - and a Harley Davidson. You need a 'bow tie' to live in my garage!

Craig

James1970 said:
A question I pose daily to my 17lb. cat!
I assume you do not have problems with mice living in your car!

Assuming the cat is staying - short of putting up a separate garage, I would say keep the cat out of the garage. If that is not an option, I think cats like to be up high, so keep the top down, or find some other high place the cat can climb to that might be more attractive than the Vette.

Lets see where do I begin,,,,,, Mice droppings,bugs, money(not enough for a rebuild :ugh ), old cig. butts, and penny that is "welded" itself to the floor board.

SGT Kirk

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom