Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Crossfire Injection fuel pressure regulator location driver or passanger side

imazephed

Corvette
1975 red coupe,1982 white coupe,2003 silver coupe
I pulled my tb housings last year and sent them off to have bushings installed. They have been sitting in a box waiting for me to have time to install them. I of course have forgotten what side has the fuel pressure regulator goes on and what side the non adjustable one goes on. I looked online and come up with conflicting info. Most say it goes on the front side or passenger side considering the passenger side the front and driver side rear. I have also seen a diagram that shows it on the driver or rear side. From what I read fuel comes into the rear/driver side and then goes to the front/passenger side then is returned to the tank so it would make sense that the rear/driver side had the regulator. I should have taken pictures when I pulled it apart or made notes so this wouldnt be problem. Live and learn I guess

Can anyone tell me the correct way so I get it right the first time

These are the pics that shows it on the rear/driver side
Rochester-TBI-Fuel-Injection-Service-Manual-2-800x800.jpg
crossfire rear fuel pressure.jpg

This is how most everyone else depicts it on the front/passenger side

FireShot Capture 045 - Cross Fire Injec_ - http___chevythunder.com_cross_fire_injection_19821984.jpg

To say the least the conflicting information has me confused. Can someone who knows definitively clear this up for me?

Thanks

I'm sorry but I don't see the conflict!
TPS is on the drivers side (rear)
Fuel inlet on the passenger side (FRONT)
Both pics show that

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Below is a cut and paste from the bottom picture I posted originally. It states that the fuel pressure regulator goes on the front/passenger side. To me it looks like the first two diagrams in my original post show the fuel pressure regulator going on the rear/driver side the side with the tps switch. My confusion is different sites have the fuel pressure regulator going on opposite sides. At least the way I am reading it. I could be misunderstanding what I am reading or the post below could just be a mistake. Regardless I would like to know for sure before putting mine back together.

Cut and paste from Cross Fire Injection 1982-1984
[FONT=&quot]The fuel injectors are specifically calibrated for each unit and must be installed in its respective throttle body unit. Due to the slight difference in fuel pressure drop across injectors. The fuel enters the left hand (drivers side) unit and then is delivered to the right side before being returned to the tank. The right hand (front) unit contains the actually fuel pressure regulator, while the rear unit has an dampener-accumulator spring.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For clarification, the front unit is the right (passenger) side throttle body.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Attachments

• FireShot Capture 046 - TBI Fuel Pressure Re_ - http___www.digitalcorvettes.com_forums_showthread.jpg
    FireShot Capture 046 - TBI Fuel Pressure Re_ - http___www.digitalcorvettes.com_forums_showthread.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 115
I've never heard of it being anywhere other than the drivers side (rear)

Thanks Antz Most of what I have seen says driver but that one site that I listed above says it on the front side then he goes on to stress that its the front unit. I just wanted to be positive before putting it back together.

I am really looking forward to driving this car again. I parked it ten years ago and just started going through putting it back on the road again. I cleaned the tank changed fuel filter new hoses new fuel pump rebuilt the tbi's. This car was my daily driver for ten years from 90 through 2000 when I picked up an frc. Its not my first vett but its the one that I drove the most and fell in love with. I dont think I will ever be able to get rid of the car. I feel bad about parking it and letting it sit I wont do that again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom