Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Crossfire Upgrades: My Quest for More Air and More Fuel

Cartrax

Corvette
1984 Red Coupe
Vacuum Readings?

Kane, sounds like your making good progress. Great! I on the other hand have had nothing but issues every inch of the way on my "84. Actually had to walk away from the tuning for a period of time it got so frustrating. Currently refurbing the interior. Anyway, I have a similar set-up and I'm wondering if you have taken any vacuum readings. Would like to compare to mine if you have, thanks.

KANE

Corvette
Dark Blue 1982 Trans Am(s): Polo Green 1995 MN6
Great thread .... any updates ???

It's running great!

Did have to adjust the lash on it. Rockers on the number 2 and 4 cylinders had come a bit loose- that caused false knock as well as simply not opening the valves enough to make good power. I think this happened once it started going to 5,500rpm with the new intake- it wasn't used to it! The cam was replaced in the past- I don't think the valve train was ever adjusted after break in.

Replaced the fan clutch... I think it was dating back to the 80s. That cleared up problems with it running hot.

Once I had these little ankle biters sorted out, it has run like a top.

Anyhoo... I've spent the last however many driving it, taking it to cruises, and enjoying it. :thumb

KANE

Corvette
Kane, sounds like your making good progress. Great! I on the other hand have had nothing but issues every inch of the way on my "84. Actually had to walk away from the tuning for a period of time it got so frustrating. Currently refurbing the interior. Anyway, I have a similar set-up and I'm wondering if you have taken any vacuum readings. Would like to compare to mine if you have, thanks.

Sorry I'm getting back to you sooo late.

I don't have any vac readings to share. It's been a few months- I can't recall the specifics.

If you are having problems with off-idle... it could be your throttle shafts. There aren't any bushings- so they are NOTORIOUS for wearing out.

KANE

Corvette

WhalePirot

Corvette
1984 White Z-51/ZF6-40/Shinoda body
Interesting posts. My L83 now is a 383, inserted in my custom '55 F100 with 700R4 and full C4 suspension. Initially built with a carb/intake and 'RV' cam, for low end torque, good fuel mileage, it also has the D36 3.07 rear.

Early still, in the build but I always wanted to do a well running CFI, using the parts I've been storing for a decade or so; back before anyone was really making power with that setup.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom