Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: CTEK 3300 using the cigarette lighter

M

MagneticRedC6

Hello, I'm new.

I bought a C6 (2007) earlier this month. I've seen alot about battery rundown during downtime.

I bought a battery tender once I was educated by this site on this subject. I can connect a CTEK 3300 battery tender to the (1) fuse box/bolt, (2) directly to battery terminals (not by clips, by the washer-like wire ends, or (3) using a CTEK cigarette lighter attachment to the plug inside the car.

The Vette is not a daily driver and it is garaged. In Virginia I hope to get nice clear days every once and awhile but I may be out of luck for a few weeks at a time.

Is the Cigarette lighter plug a bad idea for a battery tender?

If so, battery terminals is my next choice.

I look forward to hearing anyone's experience and knowledge.

Thanks,
MagRedC6

(My only other Vette was a 1974. It didn't have a battery issue sitting for weeks at a time, but the C6 is a different beast.)

Hi MagRedC6, This is really a bump but I wouldn't be happy using the cigarette lighter. However some of the guys know way more than me,so perhaps they will chip in. Roger.

:ughI use the under the hood connections. The Z06 won't last a week without help, and I'm on my 4th Delco.

I have been using the lighter connection for two years now, no problems what so ever.

NO ONE will ever smoke in my Vette. So at least the lighter serves a useful purpose.

:pat

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom