Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Dash/Information/8-speed Automatic

Dad

Corvette
15Gray/8sp 72Blk/Blk4Spd 64Red/Red/Wht4spd
After looking at the gear selection "D" for a year now I can't help but wonder why there could not be the gear number that the transmission is actually in displayed in the middle of the "D"? Just a few extra pixels would do the trick.

Attachments

• d4.jpg
    d4.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
My 8 speed auto, shows what gear I'm in. It is a little smaller than the "D" and is located to the upper left of the "D".

My 8 speed auto, shows what gear I'm in. It is a little smaller than the "D" and is located to the upper left of the "D".

Do you have a picture of that? What mode and settings are you running?

Thanks for some good feedback..........:thumb

I'm not home now, I'll get a picture this weekend.

Thanks for the feedback. but it's not there on the '15. Tried all phases of the sport mode and no dice. The indication that you are running in manual mode shows in that location with gear number where the big D is normally, so I may still be missing something.

Thanks again :thumb

Thanks for the feedback. but it's not there on the '15. Tried all phases of the sport mode and no dice. The indication that you are running in manual mode shows in that location with gear number where the big D is normally, so I may still be missing something.

Thanks again :thumb

Mine is that way in manual mode also, small M and large number for the gear. In drive, it's a large D and small number for the gear.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom