Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

dead battery on my 2017 Grand Sport & drivers door will not close!!??

R

ROR

Just curious if anyone else has had this occur to them. My battery went dead on my 2017 C-7 Grand Sport so I used the key access by the rear license plate to open the rear deck and then access the manual door opener and as well to set-up the battery charger from GM under their battery protection option. Then when I went to close the drivers door it would not close and the alignment is off as the drivers window is out and displaced which prevents to door from closing. I do not want to force it - but the door simply will not close! Also - how long does the GM battery charger need to re-charge a dead battery? Thanks!

The "battery tender" did not do the job, i.e. charge up the battery.....placed a battery charger on the battery and immediately the driver's door frees up and aligns properly; now to just give the battery a good charge and use the "battery tender" regularly!

Make sure that when you connect the battery tender, both green lights light up.

The "battery tender" did not do the job, i.e. charge up the battery.....placed a battery charger on the battery and immediately the driver's door frees up and aligns properly; now to just give the battery a good charge and use the "battery tender" regularly!

I would have the battery load tested to see if it is good, the battery might still be under warranty.

Make sure that when you connect the battery tender, both green lights light up.

Thanks - I did the slow charge with a battery charger at 2 amps level, took almost 12 hrs to re-charge the battery. Then when I hooked up the "tender" I needed to insure that it was making contact when plugged in so that both green lights came on; at first they did not, then I turned the plug-in a few times and both green lights came on!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom