Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dealer service ratings

66 or 06

I'm interested in finding the best Chevy dealer near me (Houston). I walked in a XXX Chevrolet (nearest) and it was kind of a dirty showroom with cheesey sales staff. I was well dressed and said I was interested in a Corvette. They had a C6 on the showroom floor. After speaking with a salesman while standing next to the car I asked if I may sit in it, the salesman said it was locked as he gave the door handle a pull as to verify. No effert to unlock, no more comments, nothing. I finally said "Oh well, good-day" and left......I had stopped by there about six months ago when I saw a couple of new deliveries out front with similiar results. I will not return there again.

I want to check out local dealers only because of service work etc and order a 2007. I can't seem to find anything on the internet about customer satifaction with dealerships. Anybody have any advice? Maybe I'm spoiled from driving primarily luxury auto's from generally higher end dealerships (just guessing) but if that's a sign of the service behind a Chevrolet vehicle then I'm out!

Thanks C

I second this request. I'm in a similar situation. A dealership nearby treated me like carp, but a friend of mine insists that they have great service. I'm skeptical. Granted, salesmanship and service after the sale are two separate entities. However, I wish they had treated me like my Lexus dealership where service after the sale is emphasized from the beginning. They would have had an instant sale/commission. Signed, Vetteless in Dublin (Ohio)

Steckmark said:
I second this request. I'm in a similar situation. A dealership nearby treated me like carp, but a friend of mine insists that they have great service. I'm skeptical. Granted, salesmanship and service after the sale are two separate entities. However, I wish they had treated me like my Lexus dealership where service after the sale is emphasized from the beginning. They would have had an instant sale/commission. Signed, Vetteless in Dublin (Ohio)

I have a feeling I know which Chevy dealership you are referring too. I’ve been there several times and have found the sales people I’ve encountered to be a turn off.

If you get one of the Corvette enthusiast salespeople out at McDorman’s, you should have a good experience. It can be hit or miss.
http://www.bobmcdormanchevrolet.com/

Almost a two hour drive from Columbus is Buds, located in St. Mary’s. Each time I’ve been there, I had a positive experience. I did call ahead and set up an appointment with a salesman.
http://www.budschevy.com/index1.cfm

I lived in Dublin for quite while and would visit Roby Chevrolet (15 minutes west outside of Dublin) and found them to be reasonable to deal with. Only problem was not much of a selection. Roby also owns the Toy Barn, but the vehicles are all used.
http://robyautogroup.com/index.htm?bhcp=1

B17Crew
:w

Thanks, B! What has been your service experience in this area?

BTY, 66 or 06, I'm surprised you haven't had more responses. Maybe you should repost in the general topics section?

It’s been satisfactory for the most part, but a local dealer tried to take me for a ride on a fuel filter change. Said they had to drop the exhaust to change it (which is incorrect), cheap part but they would’ve made a killing on labor. You just have to be on your toes when talking to them. Their work was done without flaws on previous fixes I had my Corvettes in for, just have to make sure your getting accurate info.

Same dealer...
dropped off my car and the tech promptly tachs up my car and takes off down the road at a high rate of speed. They thought I had left, but I was waiting for my ride. I went to the service manager and let him know why I was taking my car off their hands. Last time ever using them for any type of service.

I now only take my car to Corvette Care Inc.

It’s been in Corvette Fevers annual 100 Corvette Shops You Can Trust several years in a row now. What’s nice about making the list is that you have to be nominated by customers.

The owner, Lloyd Harvey is not your average mechanic. He’s a U.S. Naval Academy graduate and ex fighter pilot. He was John McCaines wingman in Vietnam. Lloyd has something like 262 combat missions under his belt. A sharp guy with integrity that knows Corvettes. He’s the only one who will work on your car at his shop. But if you are buying new, you need to have a Chevy dealer perform any type of warranty work.

Corvette Care Inc.
Lloyd Harvey
2648 Ferris Rd.
Columbus, OH 43224
(614) 471-3331

B17Crew

Steck - this looked liked a good spot for this post for you :) . Maybe somebody down this way will pass on some good info. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Best of luck!

Sometimes I think everyone puts a little too much attention on the builder (GM) and not enough on the support (Dealers). For example, my last car purchased was a Cadillac that did have some quality control issues but the local dealership here in Houston did a really good job of keeping me happy by doing quality repair work and treating me fair. Had they not handled it in such a positive way I wouldn't even be considering another GM product. The customer service interface relies almost entirely with these semi-independent dealerships.

B17Crew
:w[/quote]

Thread drift.

There has been a B17 flying around over Houston this last week. Were you on it?

66 or 06 said:

Thread drift.

There has been a B17 flying around over Houston this last week. Were you on it?[/QUOTE]

Only in my dreams! The Fortress is my all time favorite.

B17Crew

66 or 06 said:
Only in my dreams! The Fortress is my all time favorite.

B17Crew

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/B-17inBattle.wmv

Check this footage out![/QUOTE]

Yea, that one’s a damn shame. Tail gunner and ball turret gunner had to have been killed (ball turret guns are pointing straight down). That vid clip always amazes me. That B17 is taking one heck of a pounding, but it was still rumbling on. Wish I knew the outcome of that one.

B17Crew

I bought my 05 at Bob McDorman in Ohio. Nothing but good from these folks. The sales people were great and a pleasant surprise after the experience here in Vegas. Don't know about service though. Dealerships here in Vegas bite the big one.

korvettekarl said:
I bought my 05 at Bob McDorman in Ohio. Nothing but good from these folks. The sales people were great and a pleasant surprise after the experience here in Vegas. Don't know about service though. Dealerships here in Vegas bite the big one.

If you are going to visit a dealer for Corvette service, McDorman’s is pretty good. They’re about the only one I’d take my Corvette too if Corvette Care ever closed its doors.

B17Crew

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom