Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dealer Time..

atmmac

Corvette
1997 Black Corvette
Ok sending my vette into the dealer (Best Chevrolet in Hingham Mass) Im getting the steering recall done getting my parking lights fixed so they dont pop up when i turn them on and im also getting the stripped sunvisor screw fixed.

Im guessing 150 - 200 for the price... Lets hear some guesses.

Oh and car goes in monday :cool

-Andy

what steering recall? did you get a letter or something?

guess on the price - will be for 3 hours labor @ $80.00 (guessing here) which is $240.00 and then say $60.00 (conservative) for any parts for a total of $300.00

What do you mean when you say your parking lights pop up when you turn them on?

-Dave C. '04 Z06

When you turn on the parking lights the lights Flip up without turning on. Its just supposed to activate my rear lights and allow my fogs to be turned on. No i havent gotten a letter but they said they would do the recall. Im pretty sure you can just take the car to your dealer and get it done as it is a safety issue.

-Andy

Andy,

What did the cost end up being? Also my dealer said that not "all" C5's need the steering column fix. The dealer can run the car's VIN to determne if the car has the recall.

Remo:cool

Ok heres the scoop. Got to the dealer toldem what i needed done. There was no recall on my vin. Ok and they said my lights were fine (I believe this to be wrong and have confirmed with other members it is so its going back.) They just ended up fixing the stripped screw in my visor for 32 BUCKS!!!!!

Ridiculous Prices and im gonna yell at em when i bring it back for not fixin my lights!

-Andy

I don't know about previous years, but your headlights shouldn't be comming up unless you turn the switch all the way to the headlight position. Something must be wrong with your switch. - Ron

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom