Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

deck lid switch replacement help anyone?

nylben

Corvette
1998 convertible
I have a 1998 convertible that has lost it's deck lid switch. I went to put the top down and tried to push the switch to release the deck lid and the switch came apart when I touched it. A small spring and the yellow push button are the only parts I could locate, so I've ordered a new switch. I have a full set of shop manuals for the car, but there is no information on how to replace the switch, let alone how to get the deck lid open in order to replace the switch. Can anyone help me?

My 2001 has full details under ROOF. I have the 98 FSM electronic version but did look yet.

Mr. Sam

I have a 1998 convertible that has lost it's deck lid switch. I went to put the top down and tried to push the switch to release the deck lid and the switch came apart when I touched it. A small spring and the yellow push button are the only parts I could locate, so I've ordered a new switch. I have a full set of shop manuals for the car, but there is no information on how to replace the switch, let alone how to get the deck lid open in order to replace the switch. Can anyone help me?

There should be a release cable behind the waterfall. Just pull it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom