Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Detailing Wheel wells

singledad_9

Corvette
Y2k vette, 73 under construction
This might be a silly question but its almost time to bring out my toy again and I'd like try some shows. My question is while my toy is on blocks, I have really easy access to the wheel wells. Should I detail the wheel wells and if so with what.

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Absolutely! Since the wheel wells are made of hard plastic, I normally clean them using Simple Green which works very well at removing built up grease and road grime. Then, I use either Formula 2000 or Armor All to give them a nice shine. Actually, the hard plastic wheels wells are the only components that I use Armor All on. It leaves a great shine.

fastglass95

Corvette
1996 LT4 coupe + 2004 Z06 Z16
I agree with all above, clean well with simple green or equivalent.

But, I use "Lemon Pledge" furniture polish in an aerosol can instead of armor-all. Spray it on a rag and wipe it on. Stays slick longer than Armor all to keep dirt from sticking.

V

vetsvette

ditto for the "Pledge". Good stuff for the underside of the hood also.

R

RubyDropTop

Yes, definitely clean up your wheelwells. I hate to look at a nice car, only to see that the wheelwells have been neglected; it really detracts from the car. And if you want to be competitive in shows, they will need to be cleaned and dressed.

After the wheelwells are cleaned, I will use Eagle One Protectant on them. It is reasonably priced and available locally. I don't use it on any other part of the car, just the wheelwells. Spray on a cloth and apply as needed.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom