Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Detailled pictures or answers for 81 rebuild

Peer81

Corvette
'81 Black
Hello everybody,

Within 3 weeks I'll graduate so after that I'll have more time to rebuild my 81! :)
I've looked at every page on the doc. rebuild site so I know what stuff I still need and what I'm missing. Also I want to use original sized bolts and screws but because my 81 didn't have the original bolts and screws every where I need to fill in the blind spots.
I hope you can help me with detailled pictures or nice discriptions so I know what to get for my car.

To begin easy..
My vette didn't have gaskets under the doorhandles, should the be there or not? I don't think they can be seen with the handles still in place but maybe somebody knows :)

The doc rebuild site says the expansion tank (coolingwater) needs a overflow hose. Mine didn't have a overflow hose just a hose from the tank to the radiator. Should it be there or not?

Should the expansion tank cap have a gasket or not?

Last one..(for now :D)
The airintake has a front and left intake ducting. The left ducting is held up by 2 little bolts or screws with a big rivet (I think) could somebody take a picture so I know what to look for.

That's it for now, thanks! :)

Groeten Peter

Let me 1st say congratulations on your pending graduation!!!!!

yes there are gaskets under the door handles

mine only has a hose from the radiator to the tank,as well,,I'll check mine but I don't believe there is a gasket on the cap...I checked...no gasket!!!

the intake on the left goes under the l/s fender and is held on by 3 hex head screws
if you need pics let me know and I'll take some for you....bill

peter, I think this is what you are looking for,hope they help

My 81 has 15G miles on it and is very original. I'd be happy to help you out with yours. Just send me a message.

John.

Thanks for the quick answers and the pictures!
Now I know I can remove the cap gasket and overflow hose from my list of things.
If I remember correctly mine still had one hex head screws in there. I'll make a picture of the screw to check if I have the correct one. :)

When I have some more questions I'll post them here and / or send John a message (thanks for the offer!)

Groeten Peter

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom