Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

diecast corvette model collection

cscarlson

Corvette
2003 50Th Corvette
How many diecast corvettes are in your collection? whats the brand and the most expensive one you have and would you ever sell any of your corvette models?

Corvette Collection

To date I only have 43 models in the collection, but then again I've only been actively collecting the models for about a year now.

The top cars in the collection right now are the following in order of current value:

1996 Grand Sport - Maisto - $100.00

1978 Indy Pace Car - UT - $60.00

1982 Collectors Edition - UT - $60.00

1959 Stingray Concept Car - Silver/Red - $60.00 ea.

The others range in value from as little as $15.00 to about $40. In many cases I have purchased the cars off E-bay and rely on what the market will bear as far as valuation of the cars. They seem to be alot like commodities trading, sometimes the cars are worth more, sometimes less depending on what and how many are for sale.

The hobby has been a lot of fun so far and even my wife has gotten in on the "hunt". She likes to surprise me with new cars occassionaly which has led to a few duplicates so to address the question of would I sell some of them I would have to say yes, only if they are already in the collection.

I must qualify this statement though, and if you are a collector you'll understand. As I've gone along several sub-collections have sprung up in the collection such as the '57 sub-collection, (one of each color) and the C5 sub-collection, different colors and body styles.

Anyway, the collection continues to grow.

Happy Collecting!
Rick

Still Growing

I currently have 17 vette's from different manufacturers. My overall collection is a lot more and a wide variety from 1/18 scale Harley Davidson to the Stone, Woods & Cook 41 Willy's gasser to a Peterbuilt tractor and trailer. I wouldn't consider selling them, they'll go after I do, probably to a nephew. My biggest problem is displaying them, my lovely bride & I "slightly" disagree on how much room should be allowed to show them.:argue

What did you get for christmas?

I got a corvette rc remote car, a C5R Corvette remote controlled car a 50th anniversary clock, shark model , 52,54, 57 corvette models and a 1968 Corvette model from danbury mint. and a corvette poster

Diecast Models & Christmas

Guess I have around 15 1/18 scale models all of them Z06's! The reason is that I own a
1963 and a 2001!

I believe there were seven 1963 models (prior to this year) and I have all seven -
they range in value from $30 all the way to around $150 for the initial Red/Red
which came out in 1993 (I believe).

I also have every C5 Z06 model (which I beleive are 8) and they all are around $40 in
value

I got the last C5 Z06 model for Christmas, along with a 1963 Z06 poster, a curio cabinet
to store all the models and a book on the C1/C2's

probably the Exoto's I have 11 and they run about $160.00 a piece. I have 125 in all, still looking for new 1/18 84's that cameout. I usally buy all the years every color combo thats out there. got beat out a few times on a 69 in both green and the rare orange but the hunt is still on

my vettes

I don't know the manufacturers off the top of my head, but I have:
  • '62 blue conv.
  • '62 silver conv.
  • '67 maroon
  • '67 white/blue stinger
  • '69 red coupe
  • '03 electron blue z06

I started my collection a couple of years ago b/c my father has always collected 1:18 scale, and now has 40+ different cars.

i prolly have somewhere close to 120... not sure of the values, as people just give them to me, and when i see them, i will pick them up... and they go into storage back home, as there is not enough room here at school to have them...

i don't think i would part with them.. been collecting the cars for too long now.. ;)

Geof

oh yeah supernatural400, i am trying to get my hands on a few of those 84s as well.... very cool...

I have about 70 1:18 and about 300 1:64. My collection includes Exoto, Ertl, Auto Art, UT, Carosel, Hot Wheels, Johnny Lighting, Burago, Maisto. The Exoto's are the most exspenisve.

My Collection...

I have 48 of all types. My 2 sub-collections are Indy Pace cars and of course Corvettes. All 1:18

Pace Cars:
55 Chevy
69 Camaro
73 Caddy
78 Vette
82 Camaro
94 Mustang
95 Vette
96 Viper
98 Vette
00 Monte Carlo

Vettes (Not including those above)
57 Feulie (black)
59 Sting Ray (silver)
61 Convertible (Blue)
62 Convertible (Red)
69 L89 (Blue)
69 L71 (red)
69 ZL1 (yellow)
78 Yellow
92 ZR-1 (red)
96 Collector's Edition
96 Grand Sport
97 Convertible (black)
97 Coupe (red)

I also have 8 different Ferraris, and various other types.

I have plenty of late models....but really need an '84....as this is the year I'm stuck with......do you know where I can get a good one???
thanks
tony

oldace84 said:
I have plenty of late models....but really need an '84....as this is the year I'm stuck with......do you know where I can get a good one???
thanks
tony

ERTL recently came out with a couple of them.
I think they made it in Red, Black and Bronze.
I just got the Bronze and it is a nice looking car.
Search either ebay or the web hobby stores they aren't hard to find

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom