Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Difference Between Chambered and Glass Packs?

fine69

Corvette
'69 Convertible Vette; '72 Z28 Camaro Rally Sport
Hi All,

I have the chambered exhaust that I really like. My friend is replacing the exhaust system in his '79 Corvette and is planning to use Cherry Bomb glass packs. Not meaning any direspect to me, he said that the chambered exhaust sound is a bit too obnoxious for his liking.

I checked out the Cherry Bombs -- they're straight through mufflers, very similar to the chambered variety; 2.5" inlet and outlet, and about 18" in length. He also ordered the Summit H-Pipe.

That said, shouldn't the Cherry Bomb system sound pretty much the same as the chambered system? ;shrug

Ralph

Even tho the c -bombs are a strait thru design the fiber glass will "absorb" some of the exhaust pulse.Your chambered exhaust "bends" the exhaust pulse to get that tone.The h pipe will cancel out the sound of the true dual tho.That cool sound at idle when you can hear every piston fire. Im runnen Hooker Header's with no mufflers,true duels,with twin tiped resonators out the back of my 78.It sounds great at idle & even better when I kick the Holly Spread Bore in.Ive run different systems on my vettes includen the Hooker Side Pipe& even the old "Thrush Aluminum" Side Pipes.I sure miss the old Thrush Pipes.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/28589374iDAKGvCRrO
a few pics,some are over 25 years old,in that 65 2+2 I droped in a 351W

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom