Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Important! Digital Dash Readout Repair

Highway Man

Corvette
1992 Black on Black Coupe
C4 owners if your digital dash is giving you all kinds of flashing and intermittant info or readout problems in general you need to contact Bryon Thompson in Rolla, MO. I have a 92 and my dash began to flash and give out all kinds of crazy readouts but then I contacted Bryon who specializes in fixing them. I contacted Bryon and told him what was happening. Well long story short after Bryon got his hands on it he not only fixed it but it works better than ever! Bryon has been fixing the earlier C4 dashes but is now able to repair the later C4 dashes as well. His e-mail address is batee2@gmail.com and his phone number is 573-647-5301 He sure did a good job for me. Thanks Bryon!

Last edited:
Add another one for Bryan :happyanim:

I had the instrument cluster in my 86 go dark on mine last winter. The turn signals and high beam indicators were lit but everything else was dark but you could still tell the dash was working. Sent it in and Bryan did a fantastic job. I had one subsequent light go out after a couple of months and contacted Bryan. He sent me another set of bulbs. Turned out it wasn't the bulb, rather the contacts between the bulb and the socket. Sprung the contacts on the bulb and it's been good to go ever since. Thumbs up for Bryans work.

For those of you handy with a soldiering iron and working on small parts, and a volt meter. Brian has a great website with technical videos. You can build a test cable (or buy one from him) and do some of your own diagnostics, then purchase the parts from him. Seems the number one problem with theses displays is the connector between the two boards, followed by the bulbs, and the bulb contacts. This is one of the first things I had to tackle in my restoration, in order to pass the "light" test required for registration.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom