Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dmf flywheel resurfacing shop in national city ca

EOLIVER

Corvette
1989 DARK BLU METALIC SIX SPEED CONV
I wanted to pass on this information to other corvette owners with a ZF transmission and the Dual Mass Flywheel. I have the engine rebuilt on my 1989 Six speed and these guys ground my flywheel for 85.00. It works great withou noise or any other issues. Heres is the link to there website.

Southland Clutch

This is great news!

I fully realize that if the DMF's inner workings are toast, the DMF is toast. Just want to get that out there, before some folks get on here and start flaming.

That is a very reasonable price.

Did you have a chance to watch them do the resurfacing?

How many miles on your Vette?

Are you the original owner?

Was this the original clutch assembly?

So many questions............

Thanks for any light you can shed on this!

Hey LT4 Man. you are correct the flywheel inner working must be good accoring to the owner. With regards to the car itself.

I am the second owner of the car and when I purchased it the mileage was 80K. I am the secon owner of the vehicle. My machine shop also recommended that I replace the clutch (a natural thing to do when you have the engine out) but I don't know if it is the original clutch or not as I am the second owner. The car has a bunch of aftermarket parts (AFR heads, Ported plenum done by the previous owner) Car currently has 102K miles.

Just thought I would pass this on because we all have been told that these flywheels should not be machined as a rule, but I have seen a bunch of posts where they had been successfully resurfaced so I though I would let others know.

Did you have any sort of problems before? Are they COMPLETELY gone?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom