Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Do you remember your first weekend with the vette

Joe8915

Corvette
1990 Blue Steel
It started out great. Sun shinning, top off and mama at your side. Time for a starbucks. Shut the car off, went inside came out, bamn,,,,,,,no start, no nothing. First thing in my mind, somebody didn't want me to have this vette. Ok I settled down, and tried a jump. Nothing, the battery won't even hold the charge. Hmmm, must need a new battery. Walk a few blocks got a battery, came back, OK now for the battery instalation. Pop the hood (O yes 1990), bamn...............there is the battery, behind the left front wheel. Hmmmm......ok no problem. I have my wrenches in the car, smart thinking on my part. Look at the 5 star type bolts and two regular bolts. Do you think I had star type wrench.........nah, back to the auto shop and then back to the car (sure glad we stop at starbucks). Ok Now I have everything. Hey has anyone ever tried to change a battery next to a car within 3 feet. Let me mind you alot of fun, even for 57 year old man. OK now I have the I have to new battery in. Off we go again, heading towards the mountains. Now we are in mtns, great time. Now mama has to go the ladies room. Pull over at next gas station, shut the car off go inside. Everyone is telling how nice it would be ridding in the moutains with a vette. O I'am just playing it up. Lots of fun. Go out start the car, bamn..................no nothing again. Ok I screw up I should never bought a vette. Old man comes out and ask me if I'am having problems (Here is your sign *&^%&). So I pop up the hood, he takes about 1 minute and says, you know they store these vettes in the winter time. I said yes, then he says have you ever check the batteries cables. Do I have to finish the story. He gets out his little pocket knife and cleans all the crap off. Fix the dang problem.

But I still love my first vette.

Mine ran out of gas, I was trusting the electronics and it said I still had a range of 30 miles even though I was on reserve. No problem right? Wrong! I ran out of gas on the interstate about 2 miles away from the exit where I intended to buy gas. It started to pour so I put on my roof panel. Great weatherstrip leaks, water is dripping on my center armrest. It can't be out of gas I thought, the computer said I still had 30 miles to go. I Call AAA. They put in some gas and charged me $5 and she started right up and we were on our way. I really impressed my girlfriend that day, she still laughs about it. :rotfl I think learning your corvette's quirks shortly after you take it home is a rite of passage.

Yeah, I remember!!!:chuckle Friday night,18 year's old, 68 Roadster 427 Tri-Power, Paced at 118 in a 60, 3 nights in jail,$350 and court cost!!!!Yeah,I remember!!!!!:L:L:L

I think learning your corvette's quirks shortly after you take it home is a rite of passage.

So true. :L

Yeah, I remember!!!:chuckle Friday night,18 year's old, 68 Roadster 427 Tri-Power, Paced at 118 in a 60, 3 nights in jail,$350 and court cost!!!!Yeah,I remember!!!!!:L:L:L

Awesome. Hard to forget something like that. :L

Our first weekend with the Vette was great. It was March and we decided to make our first loop through the twisty coastal highways. The forcast was clear but cold, and even though it had rained all week we HAD to drive with the top down. Long story short, we found the rain halfway across Hwy 46. Put the top up, wiped everything down and learned that life with a Corvette is sweet.

:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom