Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Does anyone else read corvette trader?

Sting Ray

Corvette
1967 Red Convertible
And see in this months issue Terry M. from Proteam is selling his personal 7 1957's for $650,000, and in the same issue he has a few 57's for less than $80K that are bloomington and NCRS certified? They must be worth more since his name is on the title right :D

Tom

...used to but almost all the ads are for dealers. Some of the tech tips were ok.
Brian

I watched him buy those seven '57 fuelies at Bloomington in June. The owner wanted $1 million for the whole seven-car collection, but nobody bit, so Mecum auctioned them individually - here are the prices he paid for each one:

White - $170K
Red - $115K
Arctic Blue - $100K
Silver - $90.5K
Cascade Green - $89.5K
Aztec Copper - $81K
Black - $100K

Nuthin' like having one '57 Fuelie for every day of the week :D
:beer

Grand total of $746K... which means Terry is taking a burn? Doesn't seem likely.

-Mac

JohnZ said:
I watched him buy those seven '57 fuelies at Bloomington in June. The owner wanted $1 million for the whole seven-car collection, but nobody bit, so Mecum auctioned them individually - here are the prices he paid for each one:

White - $170K
Red - $115K
Arctic Blue - $100K
Silver - $90.5K
Cascade Green - $89.5K
Aztec Copper - $81K
Black - $100K

Nuthin' like having one '57 Fuelie for every day of the week :D
:beer
those seven 57 fuellies were from the Corvette Classics Museam in FT Wayne Indaina here is a shot from our visit during cruise fest:
DSC01665.JPG

I remember thinking when I first saw the collection a couple of years ago how fortunate Corvette lovers are to have people with the ability to Collect and display them for others to enjoy and I was dissapointed to hear the set was being auctioned off. If only I could hit the mega-millions ;LOL

as an added note besides being one of each color there were some that with the options on them were extremly rare cars here is a link to the web site

Mac said:
Grand total of $746K... which means Terry is taking a burn? Doesn't seem likely.

-Mac
I would think he has replaced his older more common 57's with the ones John saw him buy and is selling his older ones. I was in Proteam once and they had quite a few C-1's although local to me I have only been there once. Too high priced for my blood.

67HEAVEN said:
Besides John, how many of you have been around Corvettes long enough to remember Terry's first go-round (T.M.C.S.), in Maumee? :crazy
Me:eyerole

Here's a link to the alblum I did on the Corvette Classics Museum. I think Bossvette is right that T. M. exchanged some or all of these Vettes with ones he already had. I think his ad says some are fuelies. All of the collection from Ft. Wayne were fuelies and one was an air box car. A couple of them also have Sebring history and I'm sure that Terry would be touting that fact for more $$ if these were all the same cars he bought.

I also notice that the cars in his picture are not big brake cars where 3 of Larry's cars were.

Tom

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291645931&code=12499512&mode=invite&cmp=EMC-AlbumInvite

Compare the cars in the alblum to this photo.
1957collection2.jpg

I expect Terry has access to enough C1s that he can pick and choose the best for himself. I don't see him taking a burn on the collection.

Nice pictures, by the way, Tom & Craig. Aztec Cooper always appealed to me for some reason. It's not a colour that I've seen often and only once in person.

-Mac

TM Did not buy the cars at BG. I think he is just trying to use the publicity to his advantage. Those are not the cars sold at BG. One or two may be but I know he did'nt buy all the cars.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom