Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Door Locks

JBHAMC40

When I use my Keyless Entry to get in my 2000 C5, Recently my drivers side door will not unlock and then when I park it and pull the key out of the ignition it still does not unlock. Any sugestions? Do I need to have it reprogramed or is it something in the door lock mechanism on the drivers door. Any input would help

U know Thats a good question. I will have to check that out. I talked with a guy who works at the dealership and he said it might be the door lock actuator?

Ok Checked it Today before I went on duty. No it does not unlock the door from the inside the pass. works but not the driver

Sometimes when I remove the key it doesn't unlock the drivers or the passenger side door..Not often but sometimes..

Is there a fix or is it just I'm taking the key out too quickly?

Not a big deal ...just curious what it might be? (and its relatively rare/not that often.)

Thanks for any insight..

Just curious to see if its normal..

Be sure to do an electrical check on the driver's door lock switch to make sure you didn't lose power to the passenger side via a bad switch. On Gm and most cars really, the driver's door masters all the power to everywhere else. Typically an actuator loses strength more than just going out completely, and you can hear it at least trying to work by listening near the area it's located.

Richard.

Sounds like the actuator to me. Had the same problem on my 2003 only intermittently, sometimes it would unlock and sometimes it would not. Dealer replaced the actuator under waranty.

Yea I have come to the conclusion that it is the actuator. It not a major issue just annoying. Ill get a new one and fix the problem.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom