Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dr. Rebuild info

• Thread starter Thread starter dmrodco
  • Start date Start date
D

dmrodco

Has anyone delt with a guy called Dr. rebuild. He has a website and sells only C3 vette parts. I am thinking of placing a order however I want to see if there is any negitive info or experiance out there. He seems to know his craft however all the vette parts places talk a good story but customer satifaction is what I am looking for. Thanks Dewayne

I have found him somewhat hard to deal with, never has much time to answer your technical questions on the phone, and will not send a catalog without payment of $4.00 - tells you to use an old catalog, then will adjust prices if they have gone up. He exhibits the same behavior when you see him at the shows, and they are usually out of catalogs - a catch-22 situation.

There are far more cooperative sources - Corvette Central, Mid America, Ecklers and especially Long Island if you need C2 parts. CC and Long Island is simply "super" to deal with, and they truly support their niche market. Some C-2 parts fit the C-3s depending upon what you need. They are also "long" on helpful advice when seen at the shows.

Good luck!

Jack

I've dealt with Dr. Rebuild for many years, and have never had a bad experience - they have '53-'82 parts, don't stock any junk, and their catalog is absolutely the best in the business, bar none. They also manufacture a lot of parts for other Corvette suppliers.

It's a family business, and they're pretty busy, so they use two phone numbers; the toll-free order line (800-866-9362) is for credit card orders (Visa or MasterCard) when you have the part numbers ready to give to the order-taker, and the other number (203-366-1332) is for Tech Info, Customer Service, etc. Call the (203) number and get the catalog, then write down what you need before you call the (800) number - simple enough. You can also fax your order.

As to what Searay mentioned, I've seen threads in years gone by that suggest Searay is not being innaccurate. What I always took from those threads is you need to know exactly what you want and get it from this guy in clear, quick, precise terms.

The catalog, if memory serves, does have a number of unique items not available elsewhere and I think the items are generally held to be of good quality. Either good OEM, NOS or good repro stuff perhaps.

I suspect he's pretty well used by folks restoring to NCRS type standards.

Thanks for the info he has a part I cannot seem to locate anywhere else so I am going to go for it however after visiting his website it left me with the impression he has a pretty big chip on his shoulder and maybe a touch of a inferiority complex. I guess we all have our unique problems. I probably wont deal with him alot since he doesn't seem to customer friendly which is strange since he is in the sales biz. I guess he has all the biz he needs. I will keep you posted as to the results of my ordering adventure.

Ho Soup for YOU ! :J

I have delt with him also on a few orders. Although his tone is different than one would expect, his parts are excellent and my orders arrived as quoted with no surprises.

Mike

I had no idea he had a website. Went to it based on this thread. Makes for interesting reading ...

-T

I've also used the good ole doc....and have had good results.

Just heed his warning....don't call the 800 number and want to chat....they will hang up on you. If you have questions, need help in location parts, or just want to chat....call the pay to talk number.

I picked-up one of his catalogs at Carlisle this year....nothing fancy...just good drawing....good part numbers on regular paper....just what I wanted.

Short answer, I will use him again.....

The Doc has parts that no one else has. Got good prices too. In the past has had a PR problem with some customers. But my understanding is that the Doc has retired and family is now running the business. But they do watch cost very closely so if you are doing more then placing a quick credit card order do not use the 800 number, go with the "you pay for the talk" line :)

tom...

Doctor Rebuild

I've used him also and happy with the parts received. He reminds me of the "Soup Nazi" guy on the old Seinfeld show. Go up to the counter, clearly state your order, and step away. "No soup for you" if you try to ask any other questions.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom