Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! drain my battery 12 volts continues when i connect a volt meter from the neg. terminal and cable

edzaida

Corvette
2002 red coupe
I HAVE A PROBLEM MY BATTERY DRAIN DEAD :happyanim:I HAVE PULL OUT THE FUSE # 25 FROM THE INTERIOR FUSE BOX AND THE DRAIN JOSE AWAY I HAVE DISCONNECT MY DASH CLUSTER AND THE PROBLEM IS THERE I HAVE DISCONNECT THE RADIO AND THE HEATHER CONTROL CLUSTER AND STILL THE SAME PROBLEM, I HAVE NO HORN ON THE REMOTE OR ON THE DRIVERS WHEEL. WHAT CAN IT BE 2002 COUPE.;LOL

Constant battery drain !

I'd put everything back together. Was the car ever wreaked ? That would cause some of the wiring harness to be grounding out. But never the less, disconnect the battery ( Is it a red or yellow top ?) and once you have a full 12.5 volts, in the evening, in a quite spot, just tap the negative cable to the negative post on the battery and see if you see or hear anything. All C5's have a slight drain on them from the electrical system, but not to the degree you have. If you do have something draining, check the trouble codes, if there's a problem it'll be logged in.

Fuse 25 provides power to the Body Control Module (BCM). It is a computer that basically controls most of what the engine computer does not. It may be bad or something it feeds may be bad.

It is not uncommon for the BCM (in the passenger foot well) to get wet and fail. This happens when the A/C condensate drain to the outside gets plugged up and floods the passenger foot well.

Refer to your owners manual and access that area and see if it is wet or moldy in there.

Also pull your DIC codes and post them.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom