Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Drivers Seat Moves While Driving

rlvincent

I just purchased a '99 C5, and I notice the drivers side seat slides approximately 1/2" when accererating, and braking. Is this in the seat track? Is there an adjustment?

I understand Chevy made a mistake and never charged any C5 owners for that particular option. The RPO code is: RDS. Which stands for Rockin' Driver's Seat! :boogie

I believe Rob is in the midst of adding this code to the Model Center and Knowledge Base. ;LOL

WHILE YOU ARE ROCKIN' AND ROLLIN', PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO SAVE THE :w!

You've discover the infamous C5 rocking seat.

As JR mentioned, you've discovered the C5 Rocking Seat issue. If you're mechanically inclined and into DIY repairs, this is the most comprehensive write-up that I've seen with photos and descriptions:

C5 Corvette Rocking Seat Fix

:wJane Ann

Is this endemic to all C5s and should I expect it sooner or later on my 2004? :ohnoes I have 29,000 miles on her and have not seen any sign of this problem. The fix said to turn off the Easy Exit setting unless you really needed it! I don't need it but I love it, and it allows me to use the unnecessary Memory button! What shall I do? :D Oddly enough, my 1989 did something similar to this...I thought I imagining things.

I haven't heard of later C5s with the issue but that doesn't mean it isn't the case. If so, perhaps yours has already been repaired. I've gotten the impression as long as better parts are used, it shouldn't be a recurring thing.

The best way to avoid the RDS "option" is to not use the seat as a support when you exit the car. It is just too easy to push off the seat to get out.!! Every Vette owner comes up with a method to egress the car -- just keep your hands off the seat!!!!! :thumb

The best way to avoid the RDS "option" is to not use the seat as a support when you exit the car. .....:thumb

I don't think it makes any difference lefty. My C5 was my second Vette so I'd already been indoctrinated into placing my hand on the door framework, not the seat, and I got the RS anyway... same on the passenger side too.

I read somewhere that the original washer was made of some type of rubber that just didn't last long. A'course, my C5 will be 12 years old in November so I shouldn't complain. :chuckle

I haven't heard of later C5s with the issue but that doesn't mean it isn't the case. If so, perhaps yours has already been repaired. I've gotten the impression as long as better parts are used, it shouldn't be a recurring thing.

I think GM solved it by the 04 model year.

Good to hear that! Thanks for the info. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom