Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Drivers Side Window

Donne Trav

Corvette
1994 Blk/Blk
Suddenly, my drivers side window won't work.
ack2.gif
I noticed a few weeks ago, after it rained, it would work
only if I held the switch while slamming the door, I could get it to move slightly — eventually getting it
to operate. Now after another hard rain, it won't operate at all. It's stuck
in the up position. Please help. Thanks.

ack2.gif
only if I held the switch while slamming the door, I could get it to move slightly — eventually getting it

Be glad it's stuck in the up position! Get a regulator motor and a couple of six packs and make a day of it. Won't be fun, but you'll have a working window. Just take your time, mark the position of all the brackets and bolts and what not before you loosen them so you can put them back in the same spot. You'll have to drill the rivets holding the motor in. Motors are pretty cheap ($30?), but if you buy the whole regulator/motor shebang it'll be a couple hundred IIRC.

Window switch

ack2.gif
I took apart my window switch cleaned the contacts and it was fine..Saved me some money..Just lightly scuff the contact with piece of sandpaper...Watch out for the little bitty springs though...Just a thought learned it here...Ron

When my window stuck, in the fully down position, it was the switch. I gently pried it apart and, cleaned and set the contacts. PRESTO. I realize it's a different set-up but, it's obviously best to first check the switch (change it over with the one from the other window, for test purposes)........Roger.

Been there, done that.

Fixed mine two years ago. see the following link... (if it shows a permission denied message just click on that message)
403 Permission Denied

Last edited:
ack2.gif
In my case this was the regulator. Disassembling the door and tapping the motor on the regulator restored it to life for a bit. Also, you can pull the power connection, clean it out, and give it another try. If you must replace it, make sure the unit is in stock. Eckler's had the best price when I looked in May (I think it was May.) It wasn't clear that they were out of stock though, and I didn't find out until the rest of the order showed up sans regulator. For various reasons including an incorrect item shipped, my slowness in returning it, a hurricane, and various back orders I still don't have mine. Hope to get it next week, though.

(Note: not an anti Ecklers rant. More circumstantial... I haven't pushed very hard as the car was off the road until the last couple of weeks.)

Best,
Jerry

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

One other note. If it's not the switch and you decide to go the motor route, rather than the whole regulator, be aware that at least some of the replacement motors have a different switch position. I received one of these from eBay and it will not fit. Apparently, it's supposed to come with a 90-degree adaptor. that will permit you to plug into the existing harness.

Best,
Jerry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom