Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dymag numbers? Brake Pads?

kruzmisl

Corvette
1989 B2K Callaway/ 1966 Corvette Coupe
Whew! Got kruzmisl up on 4 jack stands, center caps were a pain, what a bad design, but Dymags fuse to the rotor after 15 years!!!! Finally broke free, wd40 and time. Anybody know what the numbers stand for on the back?
G130LN4
G28MN4
G22MN6
G83LN4
Date codes?
Anyway this project for new rubber keeps increasing. As long as that is happening why not refinish the mags even though they are pretty nice. As long as that is happening Oh, paint the calipers on clean up. As long as that is happening Oh, what about new hitech brake pads.
So what should I use?

I wonder about the stamped numbers too. There's been a couple good dymag topics in the past but this one will peak some new and lasting interest. I plan on pulling my wheels prior to Bloomington also and I'll post the stamped codes.

Brake pads? If you wind it up into triple digits and don't mind too much brake dust-- you could go with a Performance Friction "Z" compound. That'll pull the car down tremendously over repeated stops. "Standard" pads will fade much quicker. EBC makes great street/race pads too for the C5's (so I've heard) I haven't seen if they have any fitments for the C4's however.

For brake pads, I like Hawk HP Plus, for spirited driving. I tried the Performance Friction Z rated pads, but after a few hot laps at Summit Point, I experienced a lot of brake fade. Switched to the Hawk HP Plus and noticed much better braking performance. They also were kind to the rotors. Also run Wilwood High Temp brake fluid

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom