Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dymags refinishing

FrankUrbinati

Corvette
1991 White ZR1-93 Green ZR1/LSV 385 98 Convert.
Looking for a shop that will refinish my Dymags in a different color.
Right now they are gunmetal gray and look great , but maybe they would look better in silver on my white ZR1. I may want to change the color. Anyone have some one that is real good ? I'm in NY.
TIA !

FrankUrbinati said:
Right now they are gunmetal gray and look great , but maybe they would look better in silver on my white ZR1. I may want to change the color. Anyone have some one that is real good ? I'm in NY.
TIA !

I know a fellow ZR1 guy who just his done @ Ye Ole Wheel Shop in Maryland - They UPS daily and Callaway Owner SurfnSun just had his Callaway Dymags refinished there and I understand he was pleased :cool
Ask specifically for John - Tell him Chris said :w

Company: Ye Ole Wheel Shop (410-796-8400 or 800-526-8260) Elkridge, MD

If you decide not to sell them and get them redone, I have to say white would look great on a white car. At least in my opinion... One of the few times I like body colored wheels.

What wheels do you have mounted on the Z's currently?

Aurora40 said:
What wheels do you have mounted on the Z's currently?

GM A Molds.

FrankUrbinati said:
GM A Molds.

Frank the A molds are the sweetest looking wheels for our Z's in my opinion. That being said, if you ever bolt that set of Dymags on your Z, you'll know why Callaway and the Corvette Challenge cars ran them. You'll see a definite improvement in handling.

8388 said:
You'll see a definite improvement in handling.

Callaway4Fun and 90Callaway and myself were chasing down a Dymag wearing C4 at Carlisle a few years ago and once we caught up, the guy said they were the sweetest riding wheels he ever had - said they DID make a difference :cool

I know that for awhile, EVERY fast C4 race car wore Dymags - I bet there was a reason ;)

FrankUrbinati said:
TIA !
Just mt 2 cents Frank...
I would never paint the Dymags... they are to rare... but, it is your decision and you only live once...

One of the best looking Corvettes in white are the 35th Anniversary models with A molds painted white... the color match looks super on these...

BTW... have you ever considered the painting the roof bow in black like a 35th ?

I realize that may not be something your interested in doing... again... imho... on a white C4 this combo looks sharp...

White A molds, black roof bow, and tinted glass... the car is done and needs nothing more than a Toledo pro hood ! :D
I thought you already had one of those TP hoods ?

FrankUrbinati said:
I was thinking about painting the Dymag's silver. Not too sure that the current gunmetal gray was a stock color or not.

The car has the T/P hood and tinted window's on it.

http://www.geocities.com/frankurbinati/91ZR1/WVETTE1.gif

I stink at this internet stuff !

Well Frank... I don't care if yout internet stuff stinks...

Your car looks awesome !

Who has the 35th Callaway with white A molds on it ? That would give you a sample of what white wheels look like... 35ths are a different shade of white... Isn't your car "Artic White" ? 35ths are egg shell white or something slightly off from Artic White... can't remember anymore...

1st the mind... then the body... lol !

ZRXMAX said:
Well Frank... I don't care if yout internet stuff stinks...

Your car looks awesome !

Who has the 35th Callaway with white A molds on it ? That would give you a sample of what white wheels look like... 35ths are a different shade of white... Isn't your car "Artic White" ? 35ths are egg shell white or something slightly off from Artic White... can't remember anymore...

1st the mind... then the body... lol !

...this car???

site1151.jpg

W/ Dymags:

site1135.jpg

I guess I forgot that they painted the molding white on the 35th too. That really is a beauty of a car.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom