Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ebay-Tail Lamp set Quality-Beware..

kobi67

Corvette
1967 coupe, 1979 bought new.
I bought a set of four tail lamps on ebay, good price of $200. You see these around $250 from major vendors. When I received them they looked nice, but when I went to install them, they had issues. The inner set do not fit flush to the body panel. The seller was nice and sent a second pair- same fit. What I discovered is that there are a few makers of these lamps, Trim Parts and Keen Parts. I have Keen lamps. I contacted Keen with no reply. I found also that the Trim Parts lamps have all the Guide markings and numbers you will find on the GM originals, Keens Don't have the ''correct" markings.
I will continue my quest to contact Keen about the fit issue, seems like they don't care at this point..
If you want "correct" lamps, make sure you get Trim Parts lamps. Keen lamps look very nice, but do not fit as well and don't have all markings. For a few bucks more, I could have had better.. Hope this helps someone looking for lamps.... Kurt

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for the input. It is unfortunate that you acquired the lights that are not of the quality that you had hoped for. This information will help others when they go to purchase a set for themselves.

Good luck in your discussions with Keen Parts

Take care,
Brian

I put a set of Trim Parts taillamps on my '67 two years ago, and they fit like a glove; have never seen anything from Trim Parts that wasn't top quality. :)

perhaps the rear fiberglass is not origional, who knows what has been done to them over the years. ;)

I got my tail lamp housings for my 61 from Trim Parts and had a problem with the inside driver lamp housing. It was distorted or warped. I got a replacement and they all fit very well after that. I also have purchased allot of other trim parts for the car and all were very good fit and finish.

Keen 63-67 tailights

I have used the Keen tailights on over 20 midyears and have never had a fit problem! Sometimes on both keen and trim parts tailights I have found that the rear gasket is thick and the tailight doesn't seat all the way into the panel! I would then shave the gasket!

kobi67 said:
I bought a set of four tail lamps on ebay, good price of $200. You see these around $250 from major vendors. When I received them they looked nice, but when I went to install them, they had issues. The inner set do not fit flush to the body panel. The seller was nice and sent a second pair- same fit. What I discovered is that there are a few makers of these lamps, Trim Parts and Keen Parts. I have Keen lamps. I contacted Keen with no reply. I found also that the Trim Parts lamps have all the Guide markings and numbers you will find on the GM originals, Keens Don't have the ''correct" markings.
I will continue my quest to contact Keen about the fit issue, seems like they don't care at this point..
If you want "correct" lamps, make sure you get Trim Parts lamps. Keen lamps look very nice, but do not fit as well and don't have all markings. For a few bucks more, I could have had better.. Hope this helps someone looking for lamps.... Kurt
This is Tom Keen Give me a call at 800-757-5336

Tom, Thanks for the interest. I will call you tomorrow. Kurt

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom