Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ed Wright Chip

Ethan

Corvette
1991 L98 Coupe
I have a 91 Vette w/Lt4 hot cam kit/Big mouth tpi base /ASM runners/ported top w/ASM52 mm throttle body/also w/all cheap free mods. I changed injectors to motorsports 30lbh cut pressure down to 35 .The engine was so rich it would not run . I bought a Ed Wright chip this helped at least it runs and drives but is still rich. The chip is $350 and since it is a custom chip no returns .Is there a cheaper alternative or should I take it somewhere that dynos and burns chips by reading your engines ecm data?I live in Texas.

Those injectors are too big for a 350, you shouldnt need more than #24s.

My advice is to take those out and sell them, buy a set of Ford #24s.

Those injectors would sure come in handy if you were planning to bolt on a supercharger :gap

I agree with Vader that the 30# are a bit bigg, epecially with a Long Tube Runner.

I will also admit I have 30# on m y Miniram 350, and it is not running rich at all, infact I set my AFPR for 45psi at WOT. It is all in the tuning.

I also believe Ed Wright should be able to fix it for you at no charge, call him and see, if not email me and maybe we can work something out.

I receommend the following:
www.pcmforless.com or Westers www.westers_garage.eidnet.org/Index2.htm

Ethan said:
I have a 91 Vette w/Lt4 hot cam kit/Big mouth tpi base /ASM runners/ported top w/ASM52 mm throttle body/also w/all cheap free mods. I changed injectors to motorsports 30lbh cut pressure down to 35 .The engine was so rich it would not run . I bought a Ed Wright chip this helped at least it runs and drives but is still rich. The chip is $350 and since it is a custom chip no returns .Is there a cheaper alternative or should I take it somewhere that dynos and burns chips by reading your engines ecm data?I live in Texas.

your injectors are too big. I run 24lb Ford SVO's with a TPIS MiniRam and a cam bigger than the hot cam.

Pull em out and put in 24lbs and see if ed wright will update the chip for you at no charge.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom