Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Electrical problems

Gunner41

Corvette
1999 gray Hard Top
dash board lights flashes on and off. Indicator lights for L/R turn signals inside the dash board lights up at the same time and blinks. The L/R turning signals in front of the car blinks at the same time. When I turn on my park lights they do not light up nor does it light up when I turn on the head lights. I believe I have a short or a grounding problem. How can I correct this problem?

dash board lights flashes on and off. Indicator lights for L/R turn signals inside the dash board lights up at the same time and blinks. The L/R turning signals in front of the car blinks at the same time. When I turn on my park lights they do not light up nor does it light up when I turn on the head lights. I believe I have a short or a grounding problem. How can I correct this problem?
Pull the codes and post them,Both History and Current!~!!
Lets take a look and see whats happening!:thumb
Don't clear them yet!~!!!

How to Pull Codes: C5's
1. Turn your key to the "ON" position, but do not start the engine.
2. Clear any present messages by pressing the RESET button.
3. Hold the OPTIONS button down, and press the FUEL button 4 times. (This will get you into the "codes" section of the DIC.
4. The computer will automatically display all the codes your car has created. It will cycle through each code every 3 seconds. (Have a pen and paper handy to write down the codes)

Note: Any code that ends in an "H" is a history code (something that has occurred in the past, but is not reporting as an error currently.)

5. Once the computer has finished going through all of its codes, press RESET to enter Manual Configuration mode. It should start with a module and show "NO CODES" or "# Codes."
6. To optionally reset codes once in manual mode, press and hold RESET until is displays "NO CODES."
7. Press OPTIONS to go into the next module (ie, from PCM, or Powertrain Control Module, to TCS, or Traction Control System.)
8. Repeat Step 6 until you have reset all the codes in all the computer modules.

Note: Only reset the codes if you want to- it is not necessary to reset them every time you pull the codes.

9. When finished, simply take your key out of the ignition.

Okay I will do that and post it.

Pull the codes and post them,Both History and Current!~!!
Lets take a look and see whats happening!:thumb
Don't clear them yet!~!!!

How to Pull Codes: C5's
1. Turn your key to the "ON" position, but do not start the engine.
2. Clear any present messages by pressing the RESET button.
3. Hold the OPTIONS button down, and press the FUEL button 4 times. (This will get you into the "codes" section of the DIC.
4. The computer will automatically display all the codes your car has created. It will cycle through each code every 3 seconds. (Have a pen and paper handy to write down the codes)

Note: Any code that ends in an "H" is a history code (something that has occurred in the past, but is not reporting as an error currently.)

5. Once the computer has finished going through all of its codes, press RESET to enter Manual Configuration mode. It should start with a module and show "NO CODES" or "# Codes."
6. To optionally reset codes once in manual mode, press and hold RESET until is displays "NO CODES."
7. Press OPTIONS to go into the next module (ie, from PCM, or Powertrain Control Module, to TCS, or Traction Control System.)
8. Repeat Step 6 until you have reset all the codes in all the computer modules.

Note: Only reset the codes if you want to- it is not necessary to reset them every time you pull the codes.

9. When finished, simply take your key out of the ignition.

Here are the codes (10PCM-P0102H), (28TCS-C1226H,C1243H) ,(40BCM-B2578H,B2583H)(AOLDCMB2244H,B2282H,B2284H,B2262H,B2264,U1064H)
(A1RDCM B2283H,B2285H,B2263H,B2265H,U1064H) (BORFA,U1096,U1064H, U1016H,C2120H/C

Here are the codes (10PCM-P0102H), (28TCS-C1226H,C1243H) ,(40BCM-B2578H,B2583H)(AOLDCMB2244H,B2282H,B2284H,B2262H,B2264,U1064H)
(A1RDCM B2283H,B2285H,B2263H,B2265H,U1064H) (BORFA,U1096,U1064H, U1016H,C2120H/C
It's going to be a bit,I'm just finishing a C5 AC overhaul!~!! When I get it on Evac I'll start searching the manual!~!!:thumb

Looks like Jesse has you covered. Thanks Junkie.

What is your battery voltage, and are the battery clamps clean and tight so that you cannot move them?

Do the lights flash without the engine running?

gm dealer/ tech / active handle issues

2 junk i take if c5/ 2 inject-connection/ my vette super wrench/ he knew of all grds we spoke about// g101 g108 not related 2 my problem//dale@inj -cnn/said gm tech should do load test on abs pump!!! dale also found conn gm fixed w corrosion on terminal 2 wire !!! dale will find problem fix it !!or what we need 2 repair //good shop //expensive// but stand behind there work !! abs works ok when tested several x s thanx keep u posted CArl c1c3c5:v:thanks:

Well Gunner.........................

Find anything yet ? :confused

It was good talking with you on the phone the other day,call anytime!~!!:thumb

Have a Great Memorial Day weekend!~!!

PS. I've got "Yevette" back blowing cold,Cold,COLD!~!! :thumb:thumb
I've just got to remember to not haul around any Brass Monkeys!~!!
CLICK :L:L:L

:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom