Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Electronic tach

Big Block 60

Corvette
I bought a lectronic tach to replace my cable driven tach in my '60. It came without any paper work and I was wondering if anyone else have replaced theirs. It has three wires. Red, black and green. Tell me if I'm wrong. Red to power supply, green to dist., black to ground. I don't wanta fry a good tach.

Welcome To The CAC

That's the normal setup. Red to hot. Black to ground and third wire to tach terminal on electronic distributor or negative post on the coil for a points system.

Tom

Thanks Tom. How have you been. You might remember me as Bobbys60w427. Site didn't have any record of it. I retired and decided it was time for the '60 to come out of mothballs and be an everyday driver. later.

I thought that you sounded familiar. Welcome back. I retired too about a year and a half ago. I think you will agree with me that it's highly recommended.

I was just looking back through a few old threads today and was wondering what happened to some of the old members that used to post on a regular basis. Keep us posted on the tach swap.

Tom

Tach ended up being bad. But, the 383 runs great. Put in a Tremec 600 5spd and hydraulic clutch. That was a ......Anyone else decides to do this, just pull the engine. Save yourself a whole lot of time. Except for a little clutch chatter, which I blame on an organic clutch, I am thoroughly happy with everything.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom