Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

erractic water temp guage

A

acmsal

My water temp guage works fine on my 78 Silver Ann. until I turn on the lights, both road and head lights. Then the guage needle swings all the way to the right past 250 degrees. If I lower the interior lights till they're off the guage reads accurately. I know I must have a bad ground somewhere, but I don't know where to look. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

have I welcomed you?

I am always happy to see other 78SAs!
I grew up over the Altamont from you in Tracy.
I don't know how to search for solutions for your problem, but someone here will be able to help you out. Very perplexing problem. Sorta keeps you 'driving in the dark'! :L
Silver aka:Heidi

You really need a wiring schematic. Then you can locate both the instrument and headlight ground wires and check them out. Electrical diagnosis is always so much fun!

Regards,

Jim

My 81 did the same thing, then I took apart the dash to put in a new stereo and I noticed that the connector on the back of the gagues wasn't plugged in all the way. I plugged it back together correctly and it has all worked since. I am guessing the guy that installed the last stereo didn't know what he was doing at all. i have all kinds of things that work since I tore into the dash. I hope this helps

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom