Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Error codes

kfehling

Corvette
1996 Collector Edition
I had my '96 CE through out two codes today that caused the "Service Soon" light to come on:cry :cry. They were P0161 (O2 sensor) and P0332 (knock sensor). First question, did I define the error codes correctly? Second, how easy are each to fix? I assume a new O2 sensor would cure the first, but what about the second for the knock sensor.

I would check the wiring closely. Don't know much about OBD II. Hows everything in Santa Rose>:dance

P0161 would be the O2 sensor on the passenger side behind the catalytic converter - you can reach by jacking up the car and unscrewing and replacing. Be sure to use the anti seize compound included with the new sensor. The Knock sensor could be a loose connection or unplugged. It is under the engine block on the drivers side. Check this first before replacing. - Hope this helps

JAD,

I will try replacing the O2 sensor myself and check the knock sensor this weekend. Thanks for the advice.

Rabbit,

Lamenting the return of the chilly weather her in Santa Rosa and the impending rain, but hey, it beats the Midwest snow that I am used to.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom