Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ever spray paint insulation

supernatural400

Corvette
1993 SuperNatural 400 #5 /99 LS1 Z28 N2O equipped
I just finished installing the insulation for the roof in my garage and was not going to sheetrock due to the height . anyone ever spray paint insulation and are there any problems with it's insulating value if you do this. I'm thinking a flat white to make the space look bigger

I'm a paint retailer and large painting contractor. We have painted just about everything. I assume you are talking about painting the paper back of the insulation. If this is the case you can spray any latex flat paint on it with satisfactory results. As a Benjamin Moore retailer I would prefer you use Benjamin Moore flat latex paint. Hope this helps.

Ok ,Yes the paper backing. I assume as long as it's not saturated ( a quick death for insualtion if it gets wet) there would be no problem, just wanted to be sure. :)

Just give it a couple of light coats and don't over wet it and everything should work out fine. This will not hurt the insulating quality. BTW nice looking vette!:cool

One thing to think of Ron, I was watching one of those HGTV shows where some artsy lady did the same thing in her kitchen (high ceilings). After they painted two or three coats the reddish tone Owens-Corning print bled through the paint. Looked pretty wierd.

btbm2, any suggestions to prevent that from occurring?

Saw that one too, a house in Hawaii. that's what got me the idea.
I think if I use a heavy white primer it should be ok. However this is in my garage, what in the world was that woman thinking doing that inside a house... I've been using Kiltz on everything before painting and not one bleed through or stain yet

Good thought/nice save Eric and right you are Ron. Prime the paper first with latex Kilz or Bullseye 123 to prevent bleed of the red marking.

BTBM2

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom