Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Exhaust manifold bolt size

vettl83

Corvette
91 L98 Quasar Blue, 91 ZR1 Red, 07 AO Coupe
Just a quick question- are the exhaust manifold bolts/nuts 10mm, I believe they are but my Helms manual doesn't give the head size. Thanks in advance, have a great holiday. 84 CF 91 ZR-1

Thanks Jeff, we will be installing the headers using a lift hoist, shouldn't be too bad of a job. I have the factory cat-back system out of the car so I can check the fit before we start tearing things down. Any tech tips you have would be appreaciated. Brian's building the headers. Thanks 84 CF 91 ZR-1

vettl83 said:
Thanks Jeff, we will be installing the headers using a lift hoist, shouldn't be too bad of a job. I have the factory cat-back system out of the car so I can check the fit before we start tearing things down. Any tech tips you have would be appreaciated. Brian's building the headers. Thanks 84 CF 91 ZR-1

I would not use a hoist. I would just use 4 sturday jack stands and that way you can crawl under and do the bolts, while somebody is holding the manifold in place from the top. You will need to access some bolts from the top as well.

Make sure you have a guy with small agile hands as well, as the bolts towards the front of the motor are a ***** to get to. You can get to the passenger side number one bolt by going up through the frame rail area. It's a straight shot.

The dipstick tube will need to be modified, and there will more than likely be some issues on the matching of the I-pipe to your exhaust system.

Take the time while underneath to check all of your oilpan bolts, clean up underneath to check for any future leaks, and might as well change your tanny fluid while you are underneath the car.

If you need any help, I'll PM you my phone number. I'll be around this weekend working on my car.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom