Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Exhaust ports

jimbo64

Corvette
1964 RED CONVERTIBLE
What do all of you people do with the standard rear exhaust ports when going to side pipes. Could just leave the holes with the bezels but that might look funny. :beer

Put in some cat eyes. These ae equired over here anyway to be street legal and it is a good place for them.

Mikey 1, thanks for the quick reply, now for the education part. I don't know what cat eyes are, what they look like, where they can be bought etc. Maybe some other forum members can shed some light on this. Thanks

AA1528.jpg

A "hole-less" rear exhaust filler panel for sidepipe cars is available from many online sources, including www.CorvetteAmerica.com (one of our sponsors) where this photo came from.

Thanks for the in 67 heaven. Haven't decided for sure to put the side pipes on but sure like the sounds I have heard from my friends that have them. Thanks again

I still have the empty exhaust bezels on my sidepipe car. I like the look... kinda balances out the taillights. I'm going to put a couple of clear lights that will fit in there to use as backup lights. If I can do it the way I want, I'll use the stock clear backup lenses. That way, the bezels won't be totally useless.

My holes have been glassed over. I couldn't even tell until I dropped the spare tire carrier and saw the glass work from the inside.

BRian

I'm pretty sure i'm gonna put some James Bond laser beams in mine for tailgaters ;LOL

I've done it both ways...glassed over a repop and replaced an original valence with a repop

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom